Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Old 11-29-2022, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Ravenwing View Post
Previous posts on this board say that the new bonus offer replaces all previous new hire bonuses, so pilots beginning training after January 1st will only be eligible for a $75,000 or $100,000 bonus if they have enough time. I can’t verify this but it makes sense. I expect certain retention bonuses will still be in play for awhile. Since the next class, December 12th, is full, it is likely that pilots hired now will begin after the new year.
The original bonuses ($150K LOA retention) were only eligible to those hired prior to 31 December 2022. That’s the reason for the new bonuses. I might be wrong, but I don’t think anyone could have met the requirements for the new bonus and still made it into a class prior to end of year and thus been able to be eligible for the original retention bonus as well. November orientation already happened and I’m sure everyone for December was already locked in.

Pretty sure they planned things that way. They may be desperate for pilots, but don’t think they will pay anyone for both bonus programs.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Experienced Pilot Bonus
Envoy is pleased to offer a new Experienced Pilot Bonus for Part qualifying First Officers who receive a conditional job offer between Nov. 15, 2022 and Dec. 31, 2022, and receive a class date as early as January 2023.This limited-time offer will give $100,000 to qualifying pilots with more than 950 flight hours, and $75,000 to qualifying pilots with between 500 and 950 flight hours. The full amount of these bonuses (after taxes) will be paid on Day Zero – the day before training – for pilots in class by March 1, 2023.

SALISBURY, Maryland– In a year of unprecedented announcements, Piedmont Airlines is making another bold move: $100,000 up front to pilots who can sit in the left seat of the flight deck and $75,000 to pilots who are close to upgrading to captain. This limited opportunity – pilots must accept a conditional job offer by the end of the year – will help propel Piedmont’s projected growth in 2023.

“Passengers are back, and the demand for travel is high, but our industry hasn’t settled into steady state yet,” said Eric Morgan, Piedmont’s CEO. “Piedmont has the opportunity to grow even as many other airlines are shrinking. We are in a unique position to say to pilots ‘come to Piedmont, help us expand our fleet and our routes, and here’s a big check to spend while you do it.’”

The $100,000 bonus replaces the current pilot retention bonuses that expire at the end of the year. Instead of paying multiple bonuses over a five-year period, Piedmont will now pay $100,000 up front to qualified pilots.

“We’ve done a tremendous amount of work to get all of our resources aligned to grow,” added Morgan. “But we have a gap in 2023-2024 between the number of airplanes we want to fly and the captains we need to fly them. We’re looking for pilots who can bring their knowledge and experience to Piedmont, fly in the left seat and get us through that 24-month time period. It’s a $100,000 bonus and top tier pay for a two-year commitment to Piedmont. These pilots will also be able to take advantage of our contractual flow to American.”

The PSA Way
The most lucrative and stable career path in commercial aviation

Your path to the world's largest airline begins at PSA Airlines. You’ll be on a direct career path from PSA to American Airlines as soon as you are hired.
Limited time sign-on bonus of $100,000 (bonus paid immediately upon employment)
121 Longevity Match that rewards you for your experience. Pilots with previous 121 experience can count their years of service towards pay, vacation and retirements benefits at PSA
Commitment to a five-year flow to American Airline
Crew bases in CLT, DAY, DCA, PHL and DFW (coming 2023)
Generous commuter benefits
Old 01-05-2023, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
Envoy will likely not see two hundred planes and the pilots to fly them for a LONG time, maybe never again. As the 145s go away, there are only limited numbers of 170s to replace them. Envoy has a total of something less than 30 either on property or in the works to acquire. Those won’t come close to replacing the number of 145s leaving. That leaves the end state currently at about 135 planes and as I’ve said, there just aren’t enough 170 made to have a significant number of them available.to bump up those numbers. AAG is pretty much scoped out on large RJs, meaning that more 175s are not possible without something drastic happening, like Mesa losing its contract.
Do you think Envoy will get more Embraer 175s after Mesa’s contract with United ends in March?
Old 01-06-2023, 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Do you think Envoy will get more Embraer 175s after Mesa’s contract with United ends in March?
AAG has in the recent past shown an unwillingness to BUY new planes for Envoy. Envoy did just take delivery of three new 175, but those were the first new planes in quite a while and announced almost a year ago. Prior to getting the used 170s, six planes that were SUPPOSED to come to Envoy were sold to Republic for them to fly under CPA.

Based on a comment Pedro made several months ago, there has been rumor of an announcement after the first of the year “that will have pilots lined up to work at Envoy”. Would more new planes do that, I doubt it, if there even is an “announcement”.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

AAG has in the recent past shown an unwillingness to BUY new planes for Envoy. Envoy did just take delivery of three new 175, but those were the first new planes in quite a while and announced almost a year ago. Prior to getting the used 170s, six planes that were SUPPOSED to come to Envoy were sold to Republic for them to fly under CPA.

Based on a comment Pedro made several months ago, there has been rumor of an announcement after the first of the year “that will have pilots lined up to work at Envoy”. Would more new planes do that, I doubt it, if there even is an “announcement”.
I will add that Envoy IS looking to add more 170s. 170s can replace 145 per the scope. There have been several more recently purchased that are from being ready to fly. But there are very few 170s that were even built, so finding used ones is tough. Finding used ones that don’t have to be pretty much completely rebuilt as these recent ones are is even tougher.

Envoy management has said it WILL be a smaller airline. The 145s aren’t even close to being replaced one for one with 170s. Despite being propped up from AAG with higher pay rates, pilots will continue to leave. Anyone with a more than a few years left before retirement knows that in the long run they are better off at a major.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Envoy management has said it WILL be a smaller airline. The 145s aren’t even close to being replaced one for one with 170s. Despite being propped up from AAG with higher pay rates, pilots will continue to leave. Anyone with a more than a few years left before retirement knows that in the long run they are better off at a major.
How many pilots are currently on the seniority list? I have been out of flying for over ten years and am waiting for an orientation date.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

How many pilots are currently on the seniority list? I have been out of flying for over ten years and am waiting for an orientation date.
About 1850.

2500 or so as a high in the past five years, as a reference point.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019

I wonder what the announcement is. The last time something like that was announced, everyone got a pretty substantial pay bump. One guy hinted at 190s coming (which doesn’t sound plausible given scope), but all anyone can hope for is a staple and one seniority list.

Wonder what Pedro’s got cooking.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by anaqvi786 View Post
I wonder what the announcement is. The last time something like that was announced, everyone got a pretty substantial pay bump. One guy hinted at 190s coming (which doesn’t sound plausible given scope), but all anyone can hope for is a staple and one seniority list.

Wonder what Pedro’s got cooking.
my money is on a slurpee machine in the crew room
Old 03-19-2023, 05:39 AM
I don't post too much

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: ATR Captain

This is a good thread, just trying to keep it on life support as a soon to be DEC waiting on an orientation date. Hoping for OCL, but DCL would be ok in the interim.