Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Well...a wave a new 175s is starting to roll in beginning this November. 25 planes on order if I remember correctly. At roughly 20 pilots needed for each plane, that's 500 pilots required. And considering that we're losing 29 pilots/month to flow alone throughout next year, things are gonna get very tight next year. We may not be feeling it too badly right now, but it's no doubt coming.
True. But of you look at (and believe) the numbers RW put out in June, there is only going to be a net gain of 11 planes through the end of 2019. Not to say there aren’t going to be training events as the CRJs slowly go away. I know the story of what happens to the CRJs has changed numerous times.

And then there are all those that want to wish the 20 175s that Compass has onto our certificate.

I know there is a glut of 145 FOs, but the number of 145s is not supposed to change in the next year plus. They have to start hiring into them again, soon. There is a big bubble of only 175 FOs from two years ago that is the largest number of upgrades, but that can’t last more than another bid or so.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Well...a wave a new 175s is starting to roll in beginning this November. 25 planes on order if I remember correctly. At roughly 20 pilots needed for each plane, that's 500 pilots required. And considering that we're losing 29 pilots/month to flow alone throughout next year, things are gonna get very tight next year. We may not be feeling it too badly right now, but it's no doubt coming.
They typically staff 10-12 pilots per plane so it's only an additional 125-150 CA to cover the new birds. If they add another 150 flows coming off the airplane over the next 12 months they'll need 300 newly minted 175 captains. It'll be busy but there won't be a lack of guys wanting that upgrade or a piece of that movement
Old 09-15-2018, 02:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I would be more willing to believe that if they had been offering more 175 captain spots and stocking up on that side but they aren’t. Plus we are supposed to lose the CRJs, slowly albeit but that still frees up some pilots. And wasn’t this summer supposed to be a disaster? I never saw any staffing crunch. Not even close. Again, it just doesn’t add up for me. I think there’s something in the pipeline coming this way.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
I would be more willing to believe that if they had been offering more 175 captain spots and stocking up on that side but they aren’t. Plus we are supposed to lose the CRJs, slowly albeit but that still frees up some pilots. And wasn’t this summer supposed to be a disaster? I never saw any staffing crunch. Not even close. Again, it just doesn’t add up for me. I think there’s something in the pipeline coming this way.
Envoy returned flying to AAG for the summer.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: E175

Envoy returned flying to AAG for the summer.
And this is good for the flow.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Pawn

Envoy told the mothership in May that we couldn't crew the elevated level of flying for the summer (remember when they were threatening to cancel captains vacations) and then the situation worked itself out. The 145 staffing has stabalized. Look at ORD and the increase in lines and value. Skywest pulling the 200's out to go back to ASA who will fly them for UA has created more opportunities for flying.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

The bid that should be out in the next two weeks and end of the year will hopefully offer some insight into where we are going.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: CRJ 700/900 FO
Default How about CRJ?

Could anybody describe the situation with CRJ hiring/class now?
Any perspectives there? Do they fly a lot? What's the upgrade time there?
Thanks
Old 09-16-2018, 10:54 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by rmzk View Post
Thanks
They told our interview group last week that all new hires are going to the 175 for now.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by rmzk View Post
Thanks
They havent hired into the CRJ for at least 5 months now. No movement. Any small movement from FOs upgrading is offset by monthly reduction of lines. FO indefinite seat lock means you will be on reserve until they’re projected to be gone at the start of 2020. The best aircraft in the fleet is the worst for your career.