DFW base

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Starting soon on the CRJ. I am wondering if the DFW base will go junior when it opens. The HR people were doubtful, so I figured I would get a second opinion here. Any thoughts?
Also looking at FAT. Can anyone tell me how many crews there are there?
Quote: Starting soon on the CRJ. I am wondering if the DFW base will go junior when it opens. The HR people were doubtful, so I figured I would get a second opinion here. Any thoughts?
DFW is going pretty junior as we speak, at least on the captain side. FAT is also pretty junior. Where do you live?
Quote: Starting soon on the CRJ. I am wondering if the DFW base will go junior when it opens. The HR people were doubtful, so I figured I would get a second opinion here. Any thoughts?

Are you starting 5 Sep?

I’ve heard 43 FOs in FAT.

No idea on DFW.
Quote: DFW is going pretty junior as we speak, at least on the captain side. FAT is also pretty junior. Where do you live?
Thanks for the info. I live in SMF.
DFW has 4-5 non-stops from here on AA, so that would be better than ORD or MSP (or DTW) which have one or two. FAT is what I am hoping for as I'd rather drive to work (eventually SFO or LAX). But, I am prepared to commute for a while.
Quote: Are you starting 5 Sep?

I’ve heard 43 FOs in FAT.

No idea on DFW.
Cool. Start on the 19th.
Quote: Thanks for the info. I live in SMF.
DFW has 4-5 non-stops from here on AA, so that would be better than ORD or MSP (or DTW) which have one or two. FAT is what I am hoping for as I'd rather drive to work (eventually SFO or LAX). But, I am prepared to commute for a while.
New hires got FAT on last months bid. I would imagine you could hold it before finishing training or soon after. It is a very small base though, so don't count on anything. DFW is new and growing so your timing is excellent to get that.
LOL. SFO just went junior to DFW. Every month is different.
Quote: LOL. SFO just went junior to DFW. Every month is different.

Cost of housing + no income tax? Makes sense.
Quote: Cost of housing + no income tax? Makes sense.
I'd plan on a 6 month commute. It will likely be much shorter. 1 or 2 newbies have been getting FAT for the last couple months. SFO will likely come soon after.
Quote: I'd plan on a 6 month commute. It will likely be much shorter. 1 or 2 newbies have been getting FAT for the last couple months. SFO will likely come soon after.

Is it too much to hope to be one of the “1 or 2 newbies”?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to