Class one medical

Subscribe
Hi, I’m new to this forum and looking to complete my commercial pilots licence in the future.

Before applying to the different flight schools I have booked my class one medical to make sure I am fit to fly. They told me I need to bring a summery of my doctors notes to my appointment so I went and got them from my doctor. I noticed right at the bottom of my notes when I was less than 1 years old it says “Strabismus (squint)” and not much else. I have never had any problems with my vision and my mum doesn’t seem to remember me having any procedures done however this has really put doubt in my mind that I will pass my medical. Any information on this would be so useful. Thank you
Quote: Hi, I’m new to this forum and looking to complete my commercial pilots licence in the future.

Before applying to the different flight schools I have booked my class one medical to make sure I am fit to fly. They told me I need to bring a summery of my doctors notes to my appointment so I went and got them from my doctor. I noticed right at the bottom of my notes when I was less than 1 years old it says “Strabismus (squint)” and not much else. I have never had any problems with my vision and my mum doesn’t seem to remember me having any procedures done however this has really put doubt in my mind that I will pass my medical. Any information on this would be so useful. Thank you
So if you are working on a commercial I would assume you already have a class 3 physical for your private license/solo? Did you have any difficulty passing that exam? If not, it seems unlikely that the strabismus would be a problem.

Don't overthink the class 1 physical. The usual childhood issues that trip people up are some idiot diagnosing them with ADD, generally because they acted like a boy when they were a boy.
Quote: Hi, I’m new to this forum and looking to complete my commercial pilots licence in the future.

I have no idea, but this standard seems to suggest it is no problem if your vision is fine.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...1/amd/general/
I live in the uk. So I am doing the medical through the CAA not sure if their criteria will be different.
I currently have a class 2 medical for when I was doing my PPL and had no problem with that.