Don’t think I want to drive here....

Subscribe
I know, probably doesn’t belong here but this is insane! No stop lights, stop signs etc. Watch the pedestrians too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UEIn8GJIg0E?rel=0

Denny
Looks like any intersection in Cairo.
Haha. Well, somehow, it works. I’d be interested to see accident rates compared to here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Looks like any intersection in Cairo.
You will only have a accident if Allah wills it! No need for expensive traffic devices as it’s all under the control of Allah!
It looks crazy and it probably is, but keep in mind the video is greatly speeded up which makes it look a lot worse.

Scoop
Great little restaurant just off the screen on the lower right. I've eaten many breakfasts watching the craziness of this intersection and only saw a couple donkeys killed when hit by a van. Otherwise never witnessed a collision between cars or people.
Quote: Looks like any intersection in Cairo.
No, in Cairo the cars do not come up to the intersection in lanes. They are purely random. Also, the far right hand lane is for parked cars, people standing in the street, and cars going the wrong way.
I love the pedestrian at about 1:25. Reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/h-OvGYHHbSU
Traffic is interesting in Addis. I'm sure they have traffic signals someplace, but I don't remember seeing one. I'm not sure what those rules are, and they seem to be pretty different than the right of way rules I'm used to. But there is a set of rules on who goes when that people seem to follow, and it seems to work fairly well. Compare that with Kinshasa (just came back from there) where the rule is every person for themselves, with the predictable result that traffic is a mess. It's interesting in itself that Ethiopians are following traffic rules in their cars, because in person on foot, there are no rules. If you're the next one in line at a counter, and there's 6 inches between you and the counter, someone absolutely *will* jam himself into that 6 inches in front of you, unless you physically prevent him.