Major Carriers Opinion on Republic?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: I’ve been at Republic for 8 years and 12 is an horrendous number. Definitely the lowest number I’ve seen since the hiring started back up. The big three have hired about 1400 so far this year, and yes that includes the flows at American. Adds up to about a 10 percent chance of moving to the Big 3 from Republic.
I wonder how many of our people go to a LCC/Major, then to the big 3. We had a large number of people leave for LCC/Major this year
Quote: I wonder how many of our people go to a LCC/Major, then to the big 3. We had a large number of people leave for LCC/Major this year
True. Southwest loves us, and we lose many FOs to Spirit. I know two captains that left Republic to go to Spirt, and both are at United now. Of course we have FOs leaving to other LCCs / ULCCs.
Quote: Recently, I have been hearing rumblings of people saying that major airlines don't like Republic much, or that they look down on Republic as a low-tier regional and their training is not very good.
Delta guy here. Got out of the Republic mess a few years ago. Here's the bottom line - RAH is not viewed at Delta, as far as I can tell, positive or negative. It's just there. Same with most of the regionals. The CA's I fly with have said that they've noticed Compass and Skywest seem to come in with poor attitudes.

That being said, it's the person, not the regional. Your app needs to sing. You yourself need to demonstrate that you belong here, or at United, or FedEx, or wherever. Your application, your history, and who you are as a person, will determine it. Good luck!
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to