Class date assignment

Subscribe
I'm new to the 121 scene so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I've already been offered the job and waiting to be assigned a class date. I saw someone else that interviewed two weeks after me post that they've been assigned a 1/17 date. Anyone know how the process works?
Only speaking on my experience, I interviewed at the beginning of May and the day after my interview was offered the job. I accepted a class date that was about 2.5 weeks from the job offer. They sent the training materials and paperwork that afternoon or the next day. I received the package about 2 days later. Package included posters for flows and a folder that had the Hr paperwork you need to fill out and send back and also the limitations, memory items, and a flow guide to help with your flows. I believe some training materials were online and they include the web address and log in for that. Long story short, received everything about 2.5 weeks before class started. Hope this answered your question.
That does answer a different question, but my main question is how does the process of choosing new hires for class work? Since someone who interviewed two weeks after me has already already got a class date while I’m still waiting.
Quote: That does answer a different question, but my main question is how does the process of choosing new hires for class work? Since someone who interviewed two weeks after me has already already got a class date while I’m still waiting.
Well, with respect, if you're hired and waiting a class date, you need to contact Spirit, and not the forums. It is that simple.
Ask for all the training material and cockpit posters asap. Get the flows and read AOM Vol 1 and you'll be fine. BTW shut up and work with your partner and get it done. Good luck!!
I saw that someone who had interviewed after me on the aviation interviews site at a later date claimed to have a class date in January. I contacted the recruiters who advised that there are no class dates yet for 2019 so the information that the candidate provided seems to be false.
Quote: I'm new to the 121 scene so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I've already been offered the job and waiting to be assigned a class date. I saw someone else that interviewed two weeks after me post that they've been assigned a 1/17 date. Anyone know how the process works?
How do you get a job offer without a class date?
When they call you to offer you the job they have to give you a class date...
Quote: How do you get a job offer without a class date?

When they call you to offer you the job they have to give you a class date...

You are put into a new hire pool. Once the class dates are finalized, you get called and assigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally know of 3 guys that were hired and for personal reasons they couldn't attend the first class offered. One of my buddies passed for 6 months, he was having a child so needed to stay on current insurance policy. Another was working on a degree so passed for a couple months. Spirit has great people working here. Great place to work and great work rules. Once you understand the Bus doesn't want you flying it you'll be fine! LOL..