Growth?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is republic planning on growing more because the hiring of a lot of new pilots and tentative new order of planes?
Quote: Is republic planning on growing more because the hiring of a lot of new pilots and tentative new order of planes?
I was a new hire in Indoc the day the announcement came out. That was also the day a lot of the executive board and management level people came to buy us lunch, pour some koolaid. and introduce themselves/welcome us.

They told us a lot of the aircraft would be replacements for some really old 170s we have have and then some would be growth, especially that option for an additional 100 tacked on the end of the deal.
Hope it holds true for growth
Quote: Hope it holds true for growth
If it is “growth” for Republic by way of absorption of other regionals then yes, potentially good for RAH. I’m sure many do not hope for any more growth in overall airframes in the regional industry however.
All regionals are hiring like crazy because they don't want to repeat the fiasco from a few years ago of not planning for attrition. This industry doesn't even need "growth" to keep it good for pilots, all we need is for the old guys to keep getting older and age out.

I'd say consolidation will be a much bigger force than growth. 50% of all domestic flights are done on regional metal, how much more of the pie are the majors willing to let go of?
Quote: All regionals are hiring like crazy because they don't want to repeat the fiasco from a few years ago of not planning for attrition. This industry doesn't even need "growth" to keep it good for pilots, all we need is for the old guys to keep getting older and age out.

I'd say consolidation will be a much bigger force than growth. 50% of all domestic flights are done on regional metal, how much more of the pie are the majors willing to let go of?

Well, there is at least one major (cough Alaska cough) that has no scope whatsoever. In fact the first aircraft their regional ever flew was a DC-9. Then there is Moxy....

Who really knows where the industry is going?
F
Quote: I was a new hire in Indoc the day the announcement came out. That was also the day a lot of the executive board and management level people came to buy us lunch, pour some koolaid. and introduce themselves/welcome us.

They told us a lot of the aircraft would be replacements for some really old 170s we have have and then some would be growth, especially that option for an additional 100 tacked on the end of the deal.
Funny, I was there for recurrent recently and was told just the opposite from management. The first 100 aircraft were for pure growth,which is why they are loading up on FOs right now. The option for 100 more was to replace older aircraft
Quote: F
Funny, I was there for recurrent recently and was told just the opposite from management. The first 100 aircraft were for pure growth,which is why they are loading up on FOs right now. The option for 100 more was to replace older aircraft
Keep in mind that we haven't even actually ordered the airplanes yet. All we did was sign a letter of intent which is meaningless.
Quote: F
Yeah, hey. You know more than me probably. I respect your presence here.

So what he said guys.
Quote: Yeah, hey. You know more than me probably. I respect your presence here.

So what he said guys.
No, not saying you are wrong at all. That is probably what they told you. Management has been known to change their tune on a dime.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to