Snack basket negotiations

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I bet there are enough Compass pilots who would actually vote to extend current book in exchange for their treat of choice in the snack basket.
Quote: Now that I've gained 33.7 pounds off the snack basket, how about we shift our efforts a little. Pistachios, beef jerky, other lean and low, or no, carb snacks..
Excuse me? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pistachios, but pistachios and 'lean' don't actually belong in the same sentence. They are like 160 calories an OUNCE. They have enough oil in them (delicious oil for sure) that you could lube wheel bearings with them.

But yeah, they've still got my vote.
Quote: I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I bet there are enough Compass pilots who would actually vote to extend current book in exchange for their treat of choice in the snack basket.
Forget that, what about the previous MEC that voted to extend the CBA without a pilot vote?

In all seriousness, though, I never even saw the legendary Oreo snack basket in my entire Compass career. Maybe got stuck eating too many Stroopwafels on the American side of the house.

Dont worry, at Widget, you still work for peanuts, too. I'm just happy they brought them back.
Quote: Excuse me? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pistachios, but pistachios and 'lean' don't actually belong in the same sentence. They are like 160 calories an OUNCE. They have enough oil in them (delicious oil for sure) that you could lube wheel bearings with them.

But yeah, they've still got my vote.
This^^^

Never eat a Costco bag of pistachio squares unless you are packing mucho fiber-o. Trust me, I knew a guy, it's not worth the 4% Vitamin A.
All this division will weaken us, not make us stronger. And I'd take pistachios over oreos every time.
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/11/2018-19711/petition-for-exemption-summary-of-petition-received-compass-airlines-llc
Quote: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/11/2018-19711/petition-for-exemption-summary-of-petition-received-compass-airlines-llc
"Description of Relief Sought: Compass Airlines LLC is seeking relief from 14 CFR 121.407(a)(1)(ii) to allow the use of a modified full flight simulator representing an Embraer 190 type airplane in conjunction with an Embraer 175 Integrated Procedures Trainer to provide training, checking and currency for pilots operating Embraer 175 type airplanes."

Saved you a click
Quote: "Description of Relief Sought: Compass Airlines LLC is seeking relief from 14 CFR 121.407(a)(1)(ii) to allow the use of a modified full flight simulator representing an Embraer 190 type airplane in conjunction with an Embraer 175 Integrated Procedures Trainer to provide training, checking and currency for pilots operating Embraer 175 type airplanes."

Saved you a click
Thank God. I was briefly fearful that maintenance was going to take the lubing wheel bearings with pistachios seriously.

Not that you couldn't mind you, but what a waste...
Quote: In all seriousness, though, I never even saw the legendary Oreo snack basket in my entire Compass career. Maybe got stuck eating too many Stroopwafels on the American side of the house.
I once had so many oreos, I had to manually enter the weight on the loadsheet. Moved the stab from 3.5 to 3.8. That's gangsta
You should see what we have in the 9E snack basket out of New York:

- Smoked ham and gruyere panini on ciabatta
- Black roe with water crackers and cream cheese
- Soft boiled egg with thick-sliced, artisan, hand-crafted bacon
- Berry compote with creme fraiche in a flippy cup

Or maybe I'm just throwing random food words out there. We lost our almonds IRL, though, too.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to