Snack basket negotiations

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: OMG sign me up for the snack casts. This is so much better than the EDV MEC's grand plans. I'm waiting for the email that says, "we had to cut your pay in half and reduce minimum days off to nine, but you can now flow to Delta in twelve years."
Sadly I think you can thank a few bad apples from Compass to keep EDV and any other company from getting a true no-interview flow to Delta... I'll be glad to admit I'm wrong, though if it happens...

Shows how important snack basket negotiations are, though! United we stand and divided we fall!
If I create a gofundme for “Snack Unity” lanyards, can I expect support?
This sh1t is going straight to section 6. Your friends at Qx have your back and we too will not tolerate this blatant negotiating in bad faith.

We have seen our "West Coast Vibes" snack basket go straight to hell with "healthy" and "smart" choices.
Quote: Seasonal Oreos.

The peppermint Oreo season has passed...however, spring and Easter Oreos are now available and I would like to find them soon in the basket.

Section 4.a of the contract states:

“All snacks shall remain fresh and delicious. A snack found in the basket beyond its expiration date shall
be promptly removed, and crew members compensated with 150% new, fresh snacks.”

Can I still file a grievance - even though I ate them?
Quote:

“All snacks shall remain fresh and delicious. A snack found in the basket beyond its expiration date shall

Absolutely abhorrent what the company can get away with. We have to eat expired Oreos, company will just say grieve it and when it gets to the arbitrator, the company will offer us Oreo crumbs all in 'good faith.' Remember this guys when it's time to vote for your reps.
Quote:

Wow lol.. Good catch.. Remember, destination safety! Stop the operation when unsafe snack conditions are recognized.. No waivers no favors!
Quote:
Fly it and grieve it.

Eat it and grieve it.
The company is trying to argue that the packaging doesn't specifically state 'expires' so that the date is a sell by date and that Oreos don't actually expire. This of course is incorrect. I'm in the process of contacting Nabisco.
Quote: The company is trying to argue that the packaging doesn't specifically state 'expires' so that the date is a sell by date and that Oreos don't actually expire. This of course is incorrect. I'm in the process of contacting Nabisco.
We've been dealing with this loophole for months. Most dates on packaging these days are "best by" dates, not "expires on" dates.

My company has a clause that explicitly prohibits expired snacks. However, by changing packaging language from "expires on" to "best by," our expiration clauses have become legally useless.

We even ran it by the lawyers at ALPSBA (the Air Line Pilots' Snack Basket Association) National. They couldn't find an interpretation in our favor.

Good luck.
Quote: Fly it and grieve it.

Eat it and grieve it.
Full disclosure, I ate it AFTER I saw that the date had passed...

Ima still grieve it though.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to