Family in Chicago

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I’m planning on non-revving my family to Chicago in a couple of weeks. What are some good places to take a six year old and ten year old? Sights, entertainment, food, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top 5:

Any museum.
Navy Pier Ferris Wheel.
Wrigley Field (assuming there's a game).
Sear's Tower (Willis Tower) Skybox
Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza (best, IMHO)

Great list zero zero! I would also add Lincoln Park Zoo to the list. The kids may find the Bean at Millennium park cool as well.
Museum of Science and Industry!
Adler Planetarium
Shed Aquarium
Quote: Great list zero zero! I would also add Lincoln Park Zoo to the list. The kids may find the Bean at Millennium park cool as well.
Thanks.
How could I forget the zoo? It's free! Totally appropriate for a pilot and his family.

Thanks. Planning on staying at a decent Crew rate hotel not far from the airport. Would it be best to take everyone on the train and use buses and feet to get around downtown?

Quote: Thanks. Planning on staying at a decent Crew rate hotel not far from the airport. Would it be best to take everyone on the train and use buses and feet to get around downtown?

Chicago has an excellent trans system, cards available at airport CTA entrance, put as much money as you will need on it. It is a debit card so be careful putting it next to a reader. Fastest way around town by far. Might have to cab it to Museum of Science & Industry. Have fun, great time of year.
Quote: Thanks. Planning on staying at a decent Crew rate hotel not far from the airport. Would it be best to take everyone on the train and use buses and feet to get around downtown?

The Blue Line which runs from ORD to downtown is super easy to use. The bus system in Chicago is pretty reliable as well. If you decide not to do public transportation I would recommend using Lyft or Uber instead of cabs. They are much cheaper in my experience.
Quote: Chicago has an excellent trans system, cards available at airport CTA entrance, put as much money as you will need on it. It is a debit card so be careful putting it next to a reader. Fastest way around town by far. Might have to cab it to Museum of Science & Industry. Have fun, great time of year.
Agreed. If you decide not to use public transit I would highly recommend using Uber or Lyft.
Thanks all for the suggestions. Can anyone recommend good hotels to stay with the family? Indoor pool is a must.

1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to