Mythical LAX base

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I was curious and looking at Envoy job postings and ran across some ground service ones based in LAX. If Envoy is not flying out of LAX, why would they have ground crews already there?
There used to be a crew base there. The ground crew is still there.
Envoy provides ground services at many AA locations because Envoy ground crews, just like pilots, are pennies on the dollar.
Quote: I was curious and looking at Envoy job postings and ran across some ground service ones based in LAX. If Envoy is not flying out of LAX, why would they have ground crews already there?
There is a super secret Envoy base.
People with the negative seniority numbers get the brand new 175s there and fly them for the first 100 farts in the pilot seats. Sometimes that takes a while because they only fly on every other Wednesday.
Piedmont does the ground handling at PHX.

Doesn't make sense, but whatever.
I do think Envoy will have an LAX base again... Something is going to give with the TSH regionals in the next year or so.
Quote: I do think Envoy will have an LAX base again... Something is going to give with the TSH regionals in the next year or so.
Nah, PSA is taking the 175’s from Compass, not us. You guys can have them.
Quote: Nah, PSA is taking the 175’s from Compass, not us. You guys can have them.
Quote:
If you’re an Envoy pilot the last thing you want is 20 more airplane for management to staff and make excuses to meter the flow.
Quote: If you’re an Envoy pilot the last thing you want is 20 more airplane for management to staff and make excuses to meter the flow.
Flow is metered now too, how would that change?
I was referring to the PSA hate - neither me, nor you, nor this guy you are stalking were around at that time. Bad blood won't make our future brighter.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to