Recency at NJ

Subscribe
I meet NJ mins no problem but it has been awhile since I've flown the big stuff. Staff /etc to blame...Can I still be hired?

Cheers,
JD
You don't need recency in big stuff if you meet the mins and have good experience. You do need recency in something that flies though- I've heard of many retired airline pilots who didn't get the job because they hadn't flown anything for while. I've also heard of others who were retired for over a year and then just went out and flew around for a while in 172s and then got hired since they had some recency.
Tweet,
Fear not my friend! I am on a staff tour (2.5 yrs) and was just hired by NJA. Also in my interview group was a regional guy/Reservist who for the last 2 years was also on non-flying active duty orders, he too was hired. Both of us have been cruising around in 172/182's however...PUT YOUR STUFF IN!
Quote: I meet NJ mins no problem but it has been awhile since I've flown the big stuff. Staff /etc to blame...Can I still be hired?

Cheers,
JD
I was told in my interview that not flying for the past 6 months was going to hurt me. I guess it did since I wasn't hired despite what I thought was a strong sim ride. I don't suppose it hurts to try (other than the possible disappointment). I didn't bother flying the bug smashers so don't know if that would have made a difference.
Thanks for restoring my hope!! I am due to retire in about a year so I'll be getting my stuff in the very near future.

Luckily I have been flying but it has only been about 250 hours of IP time in SE (DA-20's and T-41's at the Zoo), Day/VFR in the past 2 years. I expect to get another 75-100 in the next year as well. It's not the best quality time but at least it's something.

I really need to polish up on my technical stuff. Any advice here would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
JD
Tweet, I just sent you a PM
Hey Hornet,

Reply sent.

Cheers