Fighter Pilots VS Cargo Pilots in Airlines...

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: "what the major meant to say..."

I work with a lot of military airline guys and, in my community, UPS pilots are scarce compared with other companies.

That's more of a breakdown of the dudes I know, rather than a breakdown of UPS's demographics.
I'm currently the only one at my squadron...I don't know any Viper guys at Brown yet.
Quote: I'm currently the only one at my squadron...I don't know any Viper guys at Brown yet.
I personally know three ex-viper guys at UPS, one from active duty and two from the guard....and from my background flying F-16s, B-1s, and heavy cargo, pilots are pilots, everyone brings something unique to the table. no preference either way.
Quote: and from my background flying F-16s, B-1s, and heavy cargo...
How does that happen? Someone transpose a number on your AFSC? That's an unusual career path!

But if you went from blk 30/40 to the Bone, at least you don't have to learn new engine ops limits.

Or am I just missing a comma after "background"?
Quote: How does that happen? Someone transpose a number on your AFSC? That's an unusual career path!

But if you went from blk 30/40 to the Bone, at least you don't have to learn new engine ops limits.

Or am I just missing a comma after "background"?
got out of the AF and joined a guard unit to fly vipers full time forever. That lasted six months before we were told we were converting to bones. didnt want to go chasing another guard job ( harder than chasing good *****) so i did the conversion, went part time and got an airline job in 96. easier to find an airline job in 96 than 2002 when i retired. so it worked out for me for the best. no regrets. But man I missed that viper!
Actually my full career was T-38 FAIP (ATC) F-16s (TAC) and B-1s (SAC in transition to TAC). So I have all three command patches on my retirement wall. Only missed MAC, but flying Fedex freight is close!
BH,
You flew from IAB I assume. I interviewed with you guys back in '98 for UPT and was selected for the BONE. Shortly there after got a shot to fly the Viper and couldn't pass it up. Were you on the board with Orson?
Quote: I personally know three ex-viper guys at UPS, one from active duty and two from the guard....and from my background flying F-16s, B-1s, and heavy cargo, pilots are pilots, everyone brings something unique to the table. no preference either way.
I know several Viper guys at FDX...UPS is about 1/2 the size pilot wise and may have something to do with that.
Didn't sit on a board with Orson but did do others. Dont blame you for going for the fighter, i would have too. which unit are you in?
Quote: I'm currently the only one at my squadron...I don't know any Viper guys at Brown yet.
You'll run into them, know several current ones on the 8, some on the Bus, etc.
Hope all going well Slice now that you are living the dream..... one nightmare at a time
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to