Commuting to ORD or DTW

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I'm seeing an opportunity to pile on here..

I have a Jan CRJ class date and will be living about 40min from MCO, 15 mins from MLB. Should I be wanting ATL, or, if I'm going to have to commute anyways, would QOL potentially be better to try and one-hop it from MCO to ORD or elsewhere?
Thanks for your time!
For what it is worth, I have family near DTW.
Quote: I'm seeing an opportunity to pile on here..

I have a Jan CRJ class date and will be living about 40min from MCO, 15 mins from MLB. Should I be wanting ATL, or, if I'm going to have to commute anyways, would QOL potentially be better to try and one-hop it from MCO to ORD or elsewhere?

Thanks for your time!
MCO-ATL sounds like a brutal commute. Might wanna find a nearby airport with less competition.
Commuting to ORD or DTW
Quote: MCO-ATL sounds like a brutal commute. Might wanna find a nearby airport with less competition.

Because it is MCO or because of ATL? I知 defiantly not stuck on the ATL part. I figured MCO-ORD might get me some decent flying, but if MCO is that bad..?

I guess to paint the regional picture I値l be 45 mins to MCO, 15 to MLB, and 3hr to MIA with FLL and West Palm along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Because it is MCO or because of ATL? I知 defiantly not stuck on the ATL part. I figured MCO-ORD might get me some decent flying, but if MCO is that bad..?

I guess to paint the regional picture I値l be 45 mins to MCO, 15 to MLB, and 3hr to MIA with FLL and West Palm along the way.

Lots of Florida to ATL commuters. Delta fills up 757s many times a day from MCO and there are mainline commuters with seniority dates before you were born. Not to mention the disaster that is remote parking at MCO. MLB is much better in my experience, and very convenient (5-10 minutes from parking lot to gate)
Quote: MCO-ATL sounds like a brutal commute. Might wanna find a nearby airport with less competition.
Honestly MCO-ATL is a piece of cake, I do it every week and hardly ever miss a flight. There are 20 some flights a day on 5 airlines. Granted Delta is usually a terrible option because they are always full, but I have yet to miss a Southwest flight. Other airlines doing that route are JetBlue, Frontier and Spirit.

MCO-ORD is awful and not something I'd ever consider doing again
Thanks, all very helpful! So it sounds like ATL is still the best option regardless of your preference on how to get there.

I had thought that being by MCO instead of the FL panhandle might open up some other options, possibly with better flying and/or schedules. Not at all why I知 moving, just a thought.

Quote: Honestly MCO-ATL is a piece of cake, I do it every week and hardly ever miss a flight. There are 20 some flights a day on 5 airlines. Granted Delta is usually a terrible option because they are always full, but I have yet to miss a Southwest flight. Other airlines doing that route are JetBlue, Frontier and Spirit.

MCO-ORD is awful and not something I'd ever consider doing again
SouthjetAir did mco-atl, not sure if they gave up that route or what but don't see it on passrider anymore
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to