Kalitta or Atlas for 2019?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Steak Dinner or poke in the eye with a sharp stick?
Quote: And have to commute again, or move? Many of us want K4 to be our career destination. What is one man's dream company may not be anothers.
Maybe I am stupid, but I am happy.
FedEx or UPS don't have to commute, they make enough to buy whatever tickets to work that they want and have a 100G plus left over.
Quote: FedEx or UPS don't have to commute, they make enough to buy whatever tickets to work that they want and have a 100G plus left over.
You actually believe that? For a small percentage of pilots this may be true. Most pilots when presented with a seemingly secure future will live within that income level. Some pilots will insist on living above that level. I know of no pilots who budget for commuting and hotel rooms. I am sure they are out there, I just don’t know of any. I do know several pilots who I wonder how they find time to play with all of the toys they have.
Quote: And have to commute again, or move? Many of us want K4 to be our career destination. What is one man's dream company may not be anothers.
Maybe I am stupid, but I am happy.
This is the reason why K4 won't shrink. Atlas could because people are angry.
Quote: FedEx or UPS don't have to commute, they make enough to buy whatever tickets to work that they want and have a 100G plus left over.
Once you build up a travel bank most guys just get a Business class ticket if it's Domestic and less than 5 hours. The commutes on your own time to MEM are mostly on company airplanes, which is much nicer than dealing with coach from MIA up to ANC. My crashpad is $250 a month... Less than "Imputed Income" was. I'd much rather deal with that than "Imputed Income" and travel on "Day 0" and "Day 18". I worked much harder at Atlas... I can't speak for K4....

On top of all that I get a retirement, I work 5 days less a month(10 days less after I move to MEM), and I'll make more as a 2nd year narrow body FO than a 747 Atlas CA.

Atlas was a good stepping stone. That's it.
^ bingo to all of the above. If you honestly believe that ANY ACMI gig is in the same universe as FedEx or UPS, you’re out of your mind. It’s fine to be happy at K4 or Omni or even at Atlas god forbid, but to get on here and say that it is a career destination for anyone with more than 5 years left in your career, a college degree, and no felonies, is beyond absurd. All of ACMI is jv rookie league status in every single category, pay, benefits, medical, retirement, hours of service, and so on. Get real.
NoLands k4 koolaid is pretty amusing to read sometimes... to each their own - glad the dudes happy there. Been commuting for 14 years... the last 2+ at Brown. ZERO stress... it’s a completely different universe then PAX commuting which maybe he’s correlating from previous experience? - Sure, on occasion, maybe 2 times a year? I say F it and buy a ticket... why? Because I can... drop in the bucket.

But, seriously dude... if you’re under 50? At a ACMI... yes, you’re crazy to not try like hell to get to Brown or Purple.. simply too much dough, QOL, time at home, etc to leave on the table.
Quote: NoLands k4 koolaid is pretty amusing to read sometimes... to each their own - glad the dudes happy there. Been commuting for 14 years... the last 2+ at Brown. ZERO stress... it’s a completely different universe then PAX commuting which maybe he’s correlating from previous experience? - Sure, on occasion, maybe 2 times a year? I say F it and buy a ticket... why? Because I can... drop in the bucket.

But, seriously dude... if you’re under 50? At a ACMI... yes, you’re crazy to not try like hell to get to Brown or Purple.. simply too much dough, QOL, time at home, etc to leave on the table.

I hear this loud and clear. I’m 28 now, and that’s the goal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: NoLands k4 koolaid is pretty amusing to read sometimes... to each their own - glad the dudes happy there. Been commuting for 14 years... the last 2+ at Brown. ZERO stress... it’s a completely different universe then PAX commuting which maybe he’s correlating from previous experience? - Sure, on occasion, maybe 2 times a year? I say F it and buy a ticket... why? Because I can... drop in the bucket.

Out of curiosity, how long would it take at Purple or Brown to gross 160k? 250k? Perhaps my koolaid is strong, but I never pretended that money and time off wasn't ultimately better at Purple or Brown.
Quote: Out of curiosity, how long would it take at Purple or Brown to gross 160k? 250k? Perhaps my koolaid is strong, but I never pretended that money and time off wasn't ultimately better at Purple or Brown.
According to the last few posts on FedEx forum. A guy said a new hire can earn 200k on a widebody in 2 years.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to