ERJ LGA reserve?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
How long are new hire FO’s on reserve at LGA? How many hes a month can I expect to fly? Is there hot reserve where I have to sit at airport or 2 hr call? Thanks
It depends on a few things, but usually 3-4 months. Standard 2 hour callout. You can be assigned ready reserve (airport standby, hot standby, whatever you wanna call it) as well. Stand-alone shifts are 8 hours at the airport. 20 minute call out.

Ready reserve is only a temporary agreement between the company and SAPA. It'll go away as soon as the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake are over...they promise.
Ready reserve sounds horrible lol. How many hrs a month are bew hire fo’s flying at LGA?
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it when I was on reserve either. You'll find all the good shoe shine spots in the airport at least.

I'm not in LGA, but it sounds like 20-30 hours a month at most for the reserve guys. Lineholders average 70-80 hours.
I got CJO from Skywest and Republic. So very confused. The 2.5 month training delay has me thinking Skywest. But ready reserve stinks. Also culture at Skywest seems better. I want LGA have family there. Both can get me that. Training seems better too at Skywest. My buddy at RAH is happy and wants me there. But looking at Glassdoor alot more positive reviews for Skywest.
Depends what you're looking for. I have good friends at RAH too, they seem happy there. In some respects I feel our work rules are better, and in others I think theirs are better. All airlines have some give and take, I haven't found a perfect one yet.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about OO.
Quote: Depends what you're looking for. I have good friends at RAH too, they seem happy there. In some respects I feel our work rules are better, and in others I think theirs are better. All airlines have some give and take, I haven't found a perfect one yet.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about OO.
Thanks bud. Am I making a bad decision on the ERJ class at LGA if I want to fly and upgrade within 2 years?
Quote: I got CJO from Skywest and Republic. So very confused. The 2.5 month training delay has me thinking Skywest. But ready reserve stinks. Also culture at Skywest seems better. I want LGA have family there. Both can get me that. Training seems better too at Skywest. My buddy at RAH is happy and wants me there. But looking at Glassdoor alot more positive reviews for Skywest.
Honestly I think the LGA base at OO is going to have a short life. If a NY base is what you want, I would go to RAH.
Quote: Honestly I think the LGA base at OO is going to have a short life. If a NY base is what you want, I would go to RAH.
Why do you say that. I thought 12 years contract for LGA base.
Also if base didnt matter which would you pick and why?
Quote: Why do you say that. I thought 12 years contract for LGA base.
Also if base didnt matter which would you pick and why?
12 years for the planes, not the base. If you're on the East coast I would choose RAH. They're contract is better at almost every step of the way.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to