Hawaii weight restricted?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: If you have the opportunity, go eat at Humpy's. It's the sister restaurant to our very own in Anchorage.
Hmmm. I hate disagree but I guess i'll interject. We ate at Humpy's and found it to be a really cheesy tourist trap. I'd avoid downtown Kona unless you really like the Waikiki vibe. I was amazed at how similar to Waikiki it's become.

If you do the Manta Ray Dive (or any other activities) I do not recommend booking through Airbnb (unless you want an actual Airbnb). It was impossible for us to contact the tour operator without using the website and almost got left behind at the dock. Other guests did get left behind because they couldn't find the boat and had no way to contact the operator. The operators said Airbnb makes it really hard. The tour was great though! Also, another plug for the flume ride. The Kohala Coast is absolutely awesome!
Quote: Hmmm. I hate disagree but I guess i'll interject. We ate at Humpy's and found it to be a really cheesy tourist trap. I'd avoid downtown Kona unless you really like the Waikiki vibe. I was amazed at how similar to Waikiki it's become.

If you do the Manta Ray Dive (or any other activities) I do not recommend booking through Airbnb (unless you want an actual Airbnb). It was impossible for us to contact the tour operator without using the website and almost got left behind at the dock. Other guests did get left behind because they couldn't find the boat and had no way to contact the operator. The operators said Airbnb makes it really hard. The tour was great though! Also, another plug for the flume ride. The Kohala Coast is absolutely awesome!
Sorry to hear that the island Humpy's didn't live up to the northern version for you! Aloha!
I ate at the ANC one on Monday. They’ve gone downhill in my opinion. I used to love their food, but my Humpy burger arrived cold and the fries were way different (not in a good way) than they used to be. The “grilled” onions and peppers looked like they came out of a jar. I don’t plan on eating there again, which kind of bums me out as it used to be my go to spot up there. I had a better burger and way better fries at Matanuska Brewing (formerly the Anchorage Ale House).
Quote: I ate at the ANC one on Monday. They’ve gone downhill in my opinion. I used to love their food, but my Humpy burger arrived cold and the fries were way different (not in a good way) than they used to be. The “grilled” onions and peppers looked like they came out of a jar. I don’t plan on eating there again, which kind of bums me out as it used to be my go to spot up there. I had a better burger and way better fries at Matanuska Brewing (formerly the Anchorage Ale House).
Sad that businesses with hard-won reputations let their standards slip over time. It can happen in all kinds of industries.
I hope the Snow City Cafe is still thriving in ANC.

Snow City Cafe | Award-Winning Breakfast and Lunch | Anchorage, Alaska
Humpies is on it's last legs and hasn't been any kind of place to hit up for years.

Go to the 49th State, it's a bit pricey, but worth it and they try pretty hard.
Quote: Humpies is on it's last legs and hasn't been any kind of place to hit up for years.

Go to the 49th State, it's a bit pricey, but worth it and they try pretty hard.
Yep 49th is great
AS 860 might have weight issues tonight. It's all that poke, musubi, udon, mochi, lau lau, adobo, bibimbap, pho, banh mi.

Sad, but I would do it all over again.
Had a F/A friend who had her credit card number stolen at Humpy's ANC. Always pay cash in there.
Quote: I hope the Snow City Cafe is still thriving in ANC.

Snow City Cafe | Award-Winning Breakfast and Lunch | Anchorage, Alaska
Snow City is still really good, every time I’ve gone there has been a wait.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to