Looking for insight

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I’m retired military and in ground school right now for the ERJ. Although I live in SAN which is an ERJ base, I expect to be sitting on reserve in LGA for a few months at least after IOE. Don’t forget about that aspect of newbie flying and the fun commutes it will set up.

No matter what, ask for what you want and then learn how to get along with whatever happens in the meantime. Things change and timing is everything.

Thank you for your service. You will find the SkyWest culture very welcoming and simpatico with military guys. I’m having a ball so far.
Quote: Well shoot....then like this thread's name I'm looking for insight as well.

I haven't been hired, but I am pursuing it and want a game plan if I get an interview. What would you guys recommend, I live in BOI, but want to build as many 121 hours as I can in the next year. From what I've read on this thing, going to the CRJ is the way to do that. However, it sounds like it's gonna be a huge pain to commute out of BOI. On the flip side, it also sounds like it would take some time to get senior enough to be back in Boise and even more time till I was able to hold a line...doesn't help much in my goal of flying my butt off. What's ya'll insight?
If I were you I'd go ERJ ORD. Fairly easy commute, hold a line quickly and eventually be able to transfer to BOI.
How quickly can you hold that line on the erj? (ORD)
Quote: How quickly can you hold that line on the erj? (ORD)
Looks like junior guaranteed line holder is about 6 months on property, so roughly 3 months out of training. February is a pretty slow month so that's likely worst case scenario.
How long is it taking to hold a line in lga?
Quote: Looks like junior guaranteed line holder is about 6 months on property, so roughly 3 months out of training. February is a pretty slow month so that's likely worst case scenario.
Thanks! Not bad at all
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to