Republic vs Skywest

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Republic’s pay and work rules are better. You can’t beat Skywest’s base structure though. Republic’s bases are crap unless you live in Indy, Columbus, or NY.
Or PHL or PIT or MIA or DCA or ORD or MCI or ...

Quote: I was in the same boat and thought about this decision forever. I decided on Republic because of better overall contract, union, and quality of life. Much better schedules etc. If you need any help getting in with Republic feel free to message me.
This is pretty well said TBH. Also the pilot group is super solid, and overall culture is really great. We definitely take care of our own here. Unless you want to live in the west coast or a JR OO base, then YX is the clear choice.
Quote: This is pretty well said TBH. Also the pilot group is super solid, and overall culture is really great. We definitely take care of our own here. Unless you want to live in the west coast or a JR OO base, then YX is the clear choice.
I signed up to fly the contract but was also super impressed with the staff and treatment at the training center.

I would add that it helps having flight privileges on DL, UA and AA regardless of where you are based or what equipment. The flight benefits are better here than at mainline.

Also, I don't have to spend one dollar out of pocket for my uniform, luggage, EFB or even the headset. I can focus on training without a second thought toward equipment.
Quote:
Also, I don't have to spend one dollar out of pocket for my uniform, luggage, EFB or even the headset. I can focus on training without a second thought toward equipment.
That’s true, but buy a headset. It’s sooooooooooo worth the investment.
Quote:
I would add that it helps having flight privileges on DL, UA and AA regardless of where you are based or what equipment. The flight benefits are better here than at mainline.
You might change your opinion about that when you get bumped off your flight by a DL retiree flying with his/her family.
Quote: That’s true, but buy a headset. It’s sooooooooooo worth the investment.

Seconded, but if you don’t please put it away. Don’t just assume others don’t bring their own headset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very senior SW.

I would recommend Republic too. SW closes and opens and then closes bases on a whim, some grow then shrink with zero regards to the “little” people. Our new TA is a joke, and we will always lag the industry.

Anywhere but.....
Quote: Or PHL or PIT or MIA or DCA or ORD or MCI or ...

Republic is a east coast and midwest regional. Once you upgrade it will take years to get ORD. I believe MCI is about 3.5 to 4 years.

QOL is better at Republic, but I would guess it depends on if you commute. I would not commute to any Republic outstation, because your life will suck, especially as a junior captain or FO.
You like bunk mates and loud snoring during training? Go to Skywest.
Or HK's. Hope Killers

Quote: You might change your opinion about that when you get bumped off your flight by a DL retiree flying with his/her family.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to