Good gifts for airline pilots?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
What are some gift ideas for new (or old) airline pilots? Stuff or gadgets you’ve found useful in the terminal or on a layover? Preferably under $50.

Thanks!

-gp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JBL GO 2 Bluetooth speaker with great sound for like $34.
Ear buds
Cell phone power pack
Compact bright flashlight
Leather gloves
Good quality uniform belt
It doesn’t matter because they’ll still complain about it!
Quote: JBL GO 2 Bluetooth speaker with great sound for like $34.
Ear buds
Cell phone power pack
Compact bright flashlight
Leather gloves
Good quality uniform belt

Awesome -- at the risk of starting a whole other thread, are there any suitable flashlights that are super-reliable and affordable that come to mind?

I would think most airlines would supply pilots with flashlights, no?
Quote: Awesome -- at the risk of starting a whole other thread, are there any suitable flashlights that are super-reliable and affordable that come to mind?

Costco has a 3 pack of 500 lumen LED compact flashlights for about $15.
Quote: Costco has a 3 pack of 500 lumen LED compact flashlights for about $15.
I really like these, use them myself.
Pretty good deal on Kindles right now. I bought my recent one refurbished for $39.
Apple EarPods worth the cost, or is there a good cheaper set?

Regarding earbuds, do most companies let you wear apple’s ear-pods (for example) in the terminal? I thought I saw someone in uniform wearing them the other day, not sure which company.

I’d assume over-the-ear headphones are verboten.

—gp

Quote: Apple EarPods worth the cost, or is there a good cheaper set?

Regarding earbuds, do most companies let you wear apple’s ear-pods (for example) in the terminal? I thought I saw someone in uniform wearing them the other day, not sure which company.

I’d assume over-the-ear headphones are verboten.

—gp

The two carriers I’ve worked for have had the same policy. Essentially you’re only allowed to wear headphones for brief phone conversations while in public view. They weren’t allowed for anything other than that.
Quote: Awesome -- at the risk of starting a whole other thread, are there any suitable flashlights that are super-reliable and affordable that come to mind?

Mini-Mag Lite.
Slim full metal construction that will be about $40-50 in just about any “big box store”.
Good idea.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to