Headset plug in the E175?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: What's the difference between the 8 and 850?
The 8 is the newer 850... it has a few extra pads and a different headband.
A20 better than the ProFlight?
Quote: A20 better than the ProFlight?
Most that have tried the pro flight find it uncomfortable. If I’m going to wear an in ear headset it better not be messin’ with my hair.
Quote: Most that have tried the pro flight find it uncomfortable. If I’m going to wear an in ear headset it better not be messin’ with my hair.
Been using it since August. Besides a little hair messin' wouldn't use any other. Light and ANR is great.
Granted my former ones where Heavy DCs for 10 years
Quote: The 8 is the newer 850... it has a few extra pads and a different headband.

I see, does the ANR work any better than it did on the 850, or about the same?
Quote: I see, does the ANR work any better than it did on the 850, or about the same?
I couldn't tell you... I've played with a 750, but never had an 850.
I know you guys are super tired of us noobs not getting it... But just to make sure: If I'm going to buy a Bose A20 to use in an E175, I can get the XLR connector to avoid the battery issue, and then get an XLR-to-dual plug adapter for when I fly GA (but will need batteries for ANR)? If that's the case, how much does one of those adapters cost?

Edit: I think I found it here, right? https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/ai...t-adapter.html
Quote: I know you guys are super tired of us noobs not getting it... But just to make sure: If I'm going to buy a Bose A20 to use in an E175, I can get the XLR connector to avoid the battery issue, and then get an XLR-to-dual plug adapter for when I fly GA (but will need batteries for ANR)? If that's the case, how much does one of those adapters cost?

Edit: I think I found it here, right? https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/ai...t-adapter.html

I’m a noob too, but that was my understanding. I bought the A20 with the XLR plug and saw the jack for it in the ERJ Trainer in Denver. The GA adapter should work when you fly GA, but my understanding is it won’t power the ANR through the GA plug.
Both the Bose and DC ANR with 5 pin work without batteries in the 175. If you buy the dual plug and then attach the 5 pin adapter it will not power the ANR/bluetooth, you will need batteries. If you have the 5 pin and then get the dual plug adapter (flying GA or jumpseating) you'll need batteries to run ANR/bluetooth. The 5 pin is great in the 175, plug it in and everything works without batteries.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Quote: If you have the 5 pin and then get the dual plug adapter (flying GA or jumpseating) you'll need batteries to run ANR/bluetooth. The 5 pin is great in the 175, plug it in and everything works without batteries.
This is what I just did. Excited to not have to buy nearly as many batteries!
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to