High altitude endorsement??

Subscribe
Hello,

I need to find a place that does a high altitude endorsement for under 1000. I already tried ATOP. I need something kinda close to Dallas. Ideas?
King offers a course for $249. Says it is about 2 hours of material.

I haven't taken it, but it seems pretty straight forward.
Got to ask - what do you need it for?
Quote: King offers a course for $249. Says it is about 2 hours of material.

I haven't taken it, but it seems pretty straight forward.
That's only the classroom part. There's also a requirement for aircraft or sim training for high altitude cruise, decompression and emergency descent. Should take about 30 minutes.
Quote: Got to ask - what do you need it for?
Count me in, I’m curious too.
Two scenarios:

A: You’ve bought an airplane used that requires it so no factory training in the deal. However, if you’ve bought an airplane you can spend more then $1000 and you’d use your own.

B: You’ve been offered right seat time in an airplane and you’re looking to log PIC as the sole manipulator.
And they’re not offering any training.

Color me purple I’m betting on Black.
Quote: Count me in, I’m curious too.
Two scenarios:

A: You’ve bought an airplane used that requires it so no factory training in the deal. However, if you’ve bought an airplane you can spend more then $1000 and you’d use your own.

B: You’ve been offered right seat time in an airplane and you’re looking to log PIC as the sole manipulator.
And they’re not offering any training.

Color me purple I’m betting on Black.
No need for a high altitude endorsement for scenario B, so long as you're not acting PIC.
Quote: No need for a high altitude endorsement for scenario B, so long as you're not acting PIC.
I stand corrected.
Stil feels “wrong” though
Quote: I stand corrected.
Stil feels “wrong” though
Yep! My DPE challenged me on my instrument checkride because about 15 of my 50hrs of cross-country time was in a Bonanza. I had neither a high performance or complex endorsement. I logged PIC because I was the sole manipulator of the controls. Thankfully I provided an AC and he was satisfied.