Search
Notices

Atlas / Southern

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
All of those questions have been answered in these 160+ pages. If you have trouble doing your own research, this training program won’t be your cup of tea even if you make it through the application and interview process.
what an aRsehole. Why not answer the poster’s question instead of revealing yourself to be the type of jerk NO ONE would want to spend 5 minutes with, let alone a long trip.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: 777 Left window seat

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
what an aRsehole. Why not answer the poster’s question instead of revealing yourself to be the type of jerk NO ONE would want to spend 5 minutes with, let alone a long trip.
Welcome to ACMI MrX. If someone expects to be spoon fed they will quickly find themselves on the street. Seeing the same questions posted over and over is tiresome and points to a general lack of effort. If someone still has questions after reading through the previous posts or needs an update ask away. Otherwise don’t expect to spend 16 hours in a metal tube with me.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
Welcome to ACMI MrX. If someone expects to be spoon fed they will quickly find themselves on the street. Seeing the same questions posted over and over is tiresome and points to a general lack of effort. If someone still has questions after reading through the previous posts or needs an update ask away. Otherwise don’t expect to spend 16 hours in a metal tube with me.
I don't think they're looking to be spoon-fed. They are actively looking for answers. So they didnt search. They are on an internet message board that exists specifically for us to answer questions and air out opinions.

That said the ability to self study and proactively educate yourself is vital.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Half way through training here, I asked those type of questions before getting hired, and got both type of answers. And I now totally start getting the 'spoon feeding' thing, the self-everything, etc... overall pretty happy with the change of mentality. Big boy training program, I get it
Old 07-07-2020, 09:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
So they didnt search.
If you want to answer the same questions fourteen times, have at it. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about having a entitled little finger waved in my face or being called an a-hole by some dude who wants my help, so he can whistle for it.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Anyone up and move to ANC or live there currently? 747 class date coming up with nothing holding me back from uprooting. Pros/Cons? Seriously considering the move for an adventure for a year or so.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
I don't think they're looking to be spoon-fed. They are actively looking for answers. So they didnt search. They are on an internet message board that exists specifically for us to answer questions and air out opinions.

That said the ability to self study and proactively educate yourself is vital.
Just another possibility to consider: This thread is over a year and a half old. What may have been true at the start of the thread may not be true six months ago. What was true six months ago may not be true today. It could be possible that someone on this board may have more up to date information just within the past week or two. I agree that you should search as well. But asking a simple question does not necessarily mean the person is being lazy or is entitled, it could be they are just looking for the most up to date information.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Enjoy being the guy not getting called back at Atlas, Kalitta, even Western Global. LOL
Old 07-08-2020, 04:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
Enjoy being the guy not getting called back at Atlas, Kalitta, even Western Global. LOL
apples to oranges.
someone not doing a search on an aviation forum doesn’t mean he won’t be studying his 747 manual.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

apples to oranges.
someone not doing a search on an aviation forum doesn’t mean he won’t be studying his 747 manual.
I was talking about you.