Mil FE with ATP to mainline

Subscribe
anyone know how they look at military flight engineers that have ATP and Fly for regionals. Got few buddies that did this route and lots of guys telling them to apply mainline due to military background but they only have like 1200 TT.
Quote: anyone know how they look at military flight engineers that have ATP and Fly for regionals. Got few buddies that did this route and lots of guys telling them to apply mainline due to military background but they only have like 1200 TT.
Why not apply?

One of the factors that might possibly get someone looked at more closely is the length of time their app has been active.....

Also tell them to update their time every couple of months.

Can't hurt.
I thought that said Milf with ATP.
Quote: anyone know how they look at military flight engineers that have ATP and Fly for regionals. Got few buddies that did this route and lots of guys telling them to apply mainline due to military background but they only have like 1200 TT.

I was a loadmaster and got on with a major. I was at a regional for almost 10 years and had over 6000 hours and 3000 TPIC, so I didn't get the sense that my military background helped me get the interview.
Where is Motch?
Don’t Military Flight Engineers get to count 3 hours towards 1 hour for their ATP?
Retired military FE here (C-141, C130) and currently with one of the big three. This is probably not what you want to hear but your FE time is unlikely to count for much until you're otherwise well qualified to be at a major. At that point, it probably becomes an extra point or two on your app.

Without exception, the handfull of ex-Mil FE's that I have run into had spent several years building time somewhere else, usually the regionals. That's not to say that there may not be some exceptions, it's just that I haven't met any.

Apply anyway and good luck, you never know.
Quote: I was a loadmaster and got on with a major. I was at a regional for almost 10 years and had over 6000 hours and 3000 TPIC, so I didn't get the sense that my military background helped me get the interview.
This is typical. Non-pilot military will not gain any appreciable fast-track to a major.

But when you reach competitive civilian mins, you'll probably be at a slight advantage just because you're a known quantity as a person, ie can work in an organization with rules, shows up on time with with a shave, haircut, and pressed shirt... that cannot always be taken for granted

But as others said, apply if you meet the mins, you never know. Plus having an app on file (and updated regularly!) shows sustained long-term interest.