MDW commute

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: Any idea on the class drops for the Dec 2018 class?
There are no "class drops" at Southwest because anytime there are new-hires a bid is held. You'll bid with everyone on property in the monthly vacancy bid and get whatever you can hold, which is most likely OAK but bases such as LAS, HOU, MDW, BWI, and even MCO sometimes see new hires.
Weird but they all got the 737
Everyone got the 737 right out of class.
Got the B737 part . Just trying to figure out where the Dec class was placed basewise.
Quote: Got the B737 part . Just trying to figure out where the Dec class was placed basewise.
Usually around 75% of the class goes to OAK and the rest spread out to bases mentioned above.
Quote: Usually around 75% of the class goes to OAK and the rest spread out to bases mentioned above.
Thank you for that. Is seniority in class based on age or SSN?
Age.

And where they get spread out after OAK changes throughout the year. Usually MDW and BWI, then HOU, LAS. Sometimes DAL and MCO. I’m pretty sure every base got new hires last year with the exception of ATL
Quote: You sure? LOL. We got PHX and LAS too! Until they all sell their CA homes and move here with their politics.
If I’m moving all the way across the country, I better be driving to work!
That’s what I did!

Moved from the Midwest and now my commute is just under two hours by road. I can even do it on reserve.

Beats the hell out of a two hour drive, two hour flight, and an Uber between airfields!
Quote: Thank you for that. Is seniority in class based on age or SSN?
Seniority in class is based on age
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to