DGI Rates

Subscribe
15  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 25 of 25
Go to
Quote: I knew I should have gone with meandering.

I believe Berkshire is working on Southwest at the moment, will be interesting to watch.
For whatever reasons airline stocks are back "in vogue" so you know what that means.
Quote: I knew I should have gone with meandering.

I believe Berkshire is working on Southwest at the moment, will be interesting to watch.
According to friends working there, that rumor has been floating around for years. They own stock in SWA (as they do in several airlines) but supposedly there's no interest in buying SWA outright, they already own Netjets.
Quote: The issue is not that the wage is unlivable, it's that the job is unstable. That's industry wide however, just ask a Braniff pilot. Also, Delta is wondering into corporate raider territory, the good times we've enjoyed the last few years can come to an end at any minute. In a few years Delta will be a $100 billion dollar asset company, that can be purchased for $20 billion in the next recession. Any hedge fund that is struggling with capital will be forced to buy these airlines, and sell of the pieces to raise cash.

This theory ignores the almost certain drop in profits and increase in debt during the same recession thus making Delta less valuable and more expensive for those raiders.

GP
Quote: This theory ignores the almost certain drop in profits and increase in debt during the same recession thus making Delta less valuable and more expensive for those raiders.

GP
Actually, that's what makes them cheaper for the raiders. This has happened so many times through the years, that it is considered part of the normal airline business cycle.
15  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 25 of 25
Go to