DL 420 JFK-ACC question

Subscribe
DL 420 JFK-ACC

Any Delta peeps have any opinions on the dlnet warnings for payload optimization on this route? I知 looking around a month from now and it痴 showing 90-100 seats open, but the threat of not getting on has me worried.

Thanks in advance.
Quote: DL 420 JFK-ACC

Any Delta peeps have any opinions on the dlnet warnings for payload optimization on this route? I知 looking around a month from now and it痴 showing 90-100 seats open, but the threat of not getting on has me worried.

Thanks in advance.
Flying it (420/21) twice this month. IIRC, it's getting home that's more of a problem. Lots of outbound cargo (Cacao I think)

I'll look at the paperwork both ways, but I think it's the home from ACC that'll be the issue.

Side question, why do you want to go to Ghana? Serious question. I'm looking for stuff to do there on long layovers and figured someone who is going not for work has put some thought into it.
I知 actually looking at options to connect to Nairobi, so I知 not really sure about what goes on there. Thanks!
Quote: I知 actually looking at options to connect to Nairobi, so I知 not really sure about what goes on there. Thanks!
Lufthansa, KLM, Air France and Swiss all fly to NBO. Might be better to get to Europe on DAL, and then ZED on whichever of those looks best.
ATL-AMS-DAR-Nairobi. Dar e Salam is reasonable for the connection.
Quote: Lufthansa, KLM, Air France and Swiss all fly to NBO. Might be better to get to Europe on DAL, and then ZED on whichever of those looks best.
Thanks, those are all on the "list" as well.

There's also JFK-NBO on Kenyan, but the prospect of 15-16 hours in steerage doesn't excite me.
Ghana also has visa requirements. I know it was enough of a PITA that my wife said F it to trying to come over to ACC when I have a 4 day layover.
Quote: I知 actually looking at options to connect to Nairobi, so I知 not really sure about what goes on there. Thanks!
Why go that way to NBO when you can connect in Europe?

If loads go bad, you can take a walk along the Thames or the Seine or the canals and enjoy the extra day.

I ZED'd on Kenya Airways to and from LHR a few years ago and they were good.
You actually WANT to go to West Africa?