USA Jet Airlines

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Can any USA Jet pilots give me info on DC-9 training, QOL and flying time? From what I've heard, the company seems like a good place to be.
Check your PMs for an alternative if you're interested in flying DC-9s and MD-80s.
What’s the alternative?
Quote: What’s the alternative?
yeah man why’s it a secret lol
Prob everts. Same planes similar trips but A LOT less $$
Quote: Prob everts. Same planes similar trips but A LOT less $$
Can’t comment on the $$$$$ differences. Maybe you can post the differences. But where else does one have the opportunity to check out on a DC-6?
Quote: Can’t comment on the $$$$$ differences. Maybe you can post the differences. But where else does one have the opportunity to check out on a DC-6?
Quote: QOL=Low, Morale=Low, Schedule= American pilot super-glued to a Mexican Toilet coated in feces with no passport or cell phone.
^^^^ 😂 LoL... love reading the old Evert’s threads...
Quote: Prob everts. Same planes similar trips but A LOT less $$
The difference between a 60 hour guarantee at EAC and a 45 hour guarantee at USAJ? That alone can be a bunch. Especially when business is slow and no one is making guarantee (July/August) in LRD.

In that case, the Alaska fish haul makes up for that when guys come up from the L48 base to supplement the ANC pilot roster.
Quote: The difference between a 60 hour guarantee at EAC and a 45 hour guarantee at USAJ? That alone can be a bunch. Especially when business is slow and no one is making guarantee (July/August) in LRD.

In that case, the Alaska fish haul makes up for that when guys come up from the L48 base to supplement the ANC pilot roster.
The trip pay makes up for that by far. Thats an extra 35,000/yr min, based on 65 trips a year avg being 60-70 if you dont pick up extra days on your 14 off. My friends on the 9 there (USAjet) all did over 100 first year. All of them. So that's 106,820 not including per diem or 401k contributions for a first year capt
Quote: Can’t comment on the $$$$$ differences. Maybe you can post the differences. But where else does one have the opportunity to check out on a DC-6?
Honestly if I could take the pay cut and divorce I would ABSOLUTELY apply for the 6 position. Would be really really cool to get typed and fly that thing!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to