Somebody please explain...

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...ev_id=&next_id=

Anybody know anything about he operations of the An-12
They have the props in reverse and are taking off backwards.
Is proper noseveel landig comrade.
[Copilot to Pilot] "I'm telling you, its smoother this way..."
Ever seen this one?

http://airliners.net/open.file?id=09...next_id=NEXTID
I have seen those nose wheel landings before... whats the deal with that? Good greif that has to look freaky from the cockpit over the dash!
In Soviet Russia (insert Yakov joke here)....
He must be an instrument student. After giving several instrument stagechecks and training several instrument students, no matter how many times you show them or instruct them how to land an airplane, they still botch the landing. They might get lucky once in a while, but I have concluded that it is nearly impossible for an instrument student to squeak a landing.
Quote: He must be an instrument student. After giving several instrument stagechecks and training several instrument students, no matter how many times you show them or instruct them how to land an airplane, they still botch the landing. They might get lucky once in a while, but I have concluded that it is nearly impossible for an instrument student to squeak a landing.
Most of my landings are very smooth and grease like , but I got really disoriented one day after spedning over 1.4 hours in the clouds and another .2 under the hood. Landing was not hard but I did lose my depth perception over the numbers and flared too high and too slow. A firm landing, I say.
Quote: Most of my landings are very smooth and grease like , but I got really disoriented one day after spedning over 1.4 hours in the clouds and another .2 under the hood. Landing was not hard but I did lose my depth perception over the numbers and flared too high and too slow. A firm landing, I say.
We use the DA20 for private pilot students and the 172 for instrument students. The problem is that the students are hesitant to flare in the 172 given that the DA20 requires relatively little flare compared to that of a 172. Primacy is a powerful thing to overcome.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to