Headset

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Headsets are not required to be TSO’d, in case anyone was looking at saving a few bucks.

As mentioned above, headset choice is really just dictated by personal tastes. I prefer over the ear, but I fly with a bunch of guys who like the in-ear kind better.
Quote: Headsets are not required to be TSO’d, in case anyone was looking at saving a few bucks.

As mentioned above, headset choice is really just dictated by personal tastes. I prefer over the ear, but I fly with a bunch of guys who like the in-ear kind better.
I think I’d actually like in-ears better, but my ears start to hurt after just 15 minutes of having iPhone earbuds in. Maybe I could get something custom-fit to my ear?
I was recently doing some research about this on APC; from what I read I was under the impression the E-170/175 used the 5 pin "Airbus" style plug not 6 pin?
Quote: If you're in the market for the A20s, look at the Bose ONE-X, too. It's just as good (better, IMO), and $200 cheaper. It also packs down smaller than the A20s, meaning more space in your bag.
I wrote Bose, but I meant David Clark. The David Clark ONE-X.
Quote: I’m assuming any of these would fulfill TSO requirements...?

If anyone asked and also of the people that asked the slim chance they are serious I would point at the headset drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DC Pro X w/XLR plug has been unreal.
Quote: I was recently doing some research about this on APC; from what I read I was under the impression the E-170/175 used the 5 pin "Airbus" style plug not 6 pin?
You’re correct. I have the Bose A20 with 5-pin plug (airbus) and it fits in 170/175s. It’s the best $300 I’ve spent on a downlink cable. No battery changing every other 4 day trip. Plus I still have the GA plug for when I wanna fly outside of work.
Does the Embraer have a hot mic intercom? Do you guys keep your headsets on during cruise flight as well?
Quote: Does the Embraer have a hot mic intercom? Do you guys keep your headsets on during cruise flight as well?
Yes and yes most don’t take them off
Quote: I’m assuming any of these would fulfill TSO requirements...?
There is really no such thing anymore since the FAA letter. It's a relic along with keeping all electronics off until above 10,000.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to