December pay

Subscribe
Our next paycheck will post Jan 2 vs December 31. Curious is this intentional to lower our tax amount for the calendar year, or just due to the New Years holiday?? Downside is I’m back to paying social security tax and all the little NJ fees.
Quote: Our next paycheck will post Jan 2 vs December 31. Curious is this intentional to lower our tax amount for the calendar year, or just due to the New Years holiday?? Downside is I’m back to paying social security tax and all the little NJ fees.
It’s contractual. Its to make sure that we get 24 paychecks each year, and not have some years we get 25 and others 23. People have complained that pushing extra pay into a specific tax year is bad for them, so its evened out by making sure that the Jan 1st paycheck isn’t pushed into the previous year.

Remember that you started 2018 with a paycheck as well just like this one.
Quote: It’s contractual. Its to make sure that we get 24 paychecks each year, and not have some years we get 25 and others 23. People have complained that pushing extra pay into a specific tax year is bad for them, so its evened out by making sure that the Jan 1st paycheck isn’t pushed into the previous year.

Remember that you started 2018 with a paycheck as well just like this one.
That’s what I thought thanks!!
This isn’t a political forum go to Facebook to share your worthless insightful political views. Take a deep breath NO ONE CARES AND YOUVE CHANGED NOBODYS MIND.
Moderator warning
Quote: This isn’t a political forum....
Correct. Political comments violate APC Forum Rules.
I think the raise actually kicked in on the 30th.
Quote: I think the raise actually kicked in on the 30th.
I think that the MEC mentioned that in their communication last night.