Government shutdown and airmen certification

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Does anyone know if the government shutdown will affect the processing of airmen certificates?
AFAIK, nobody is processing airman certs during the shutdown. Most ATC and some supervisory principals of 121 carriers are working without pay. If you have a specific concern, recommend contacting your elected officials.
Airman cert is shut down. Medical cert is open for business (without pay, of course).
Shout out to our federal brethren who are working without pay to keep the gears turning. They will almost certainly get made whole in the end, but almost is not the same as for sure.
Quote: Shout out to our federal brethren who are working without pay to keep the gears turning. They will almost certainly get made whole in the end, but almost is not the same as for sure.
Definitely second that. It’s sad that the ones the shutdown affects are not the same ones who make those decisions. Glad we have ladies and gentlemen who are willing to keep our system running for no pay!
I have a CFII and Comm Multi temp cert. Can I still get these extended?
Quote: Airman cert is shut down. Medical cert is open for business (without pay, of course).
During the last govt. shutdown (2013) normal medical cert was going OK, but special issuance was not processing paperwork. I was out for five weeks while perfectly healthy. Luckily I had enough in my sick leave bank.

Joe
No FAA written testing during the shutdown either.
Quote: No FAA written testing during the shutdown either.
I think that's changed recently. Just saw PSI/CATS post a headnote on their site that they are allowing exams.

FAA test, Private Pilot Exam & Aviation Test | CATS
Reading CATS' note it looks like it'll be old school, you can take the test but you won't know the results till OKC processes the test.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to