FedEx retired pilot, no direct deposit today.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Pension checks are normally deposited the last banking day of the prior month. January is the exception. Your January pay will be deposited the first banking day of the new year so it can count as 2019 income.
Take a deep breath...
Ok, belay that panic! Resuming normal operations...
Quote: On the FedEx retirement website, it states that if the 1st falls on a holiday or weekend, the deposit will be credited on the last bank business day before. So, that is today, the 31st for Wells Fargo.
My State Street Statement said it would be deposited on January 1. My bank shows a deposit on Jan 1. Hmm? If it was deposited on Dec. 31 would it be 2018 earnings?
State Street reports your pension earnings to the IRS. Your bank doesn't.

If you look at your State Street statement, you'll notice that your Year-to-Date figures have reset to your Jan figures.

What was your question again?
Quote: State Street reports your pension earnings to the IRS. Your bank doesn't.

If you look at your State Street statement, you'll notice that your Year-to-Date figures have reset to your Jan figures.

What was your question again?
If the deposit was made on 12/31/2018 it is 2018 earnings.
Went to Fidelity and temporarily Out Service
https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/...ry/defaultPage

Nice way to start the year with the Vanguard to Fidelity transfer.
Quote: https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/...ry/defaultPage

Nice way to start the year with the Vanguard to Fidelity transfer.
If I remember all the propaganda, the transfer and site opening would be somewhere around 06JAN.....well be notified via email.

Wasn't it nice to have no control of your 401k during the most tumultuous period the market has had in years?
Quote: Wasn't it nice to have no control of your 401k during the most tumultuous period the market has had in years?
Actually yes. God alone knows how many people it kept from making the stupid mistake of thinking they could successfully time the market. I swear, half the money I've made in the market over several decades is attributable to idiots selling when the market goes down and then buying when times are good.

Selling low and buying high. How could THAT possibly go wrong?

Quote: Actually yes. God alone knows how many people it kept from making the stupid mistake of thinking they could successfully time the market. I swear, half the money I've made in the market over several decades is attributable to idiots selling when the market goes down and then buying when times are good.

Selling low and buying high. How could THAT possibly go wrong?

You bring up a good point! A lot of our funds were in Vanguard specific investments, do they transfer to be managed by Fidelity or do we have to choose other options? Sorry, I'm one of those "idiots" when it comes to investments and you appear to be in the know. Of course I was told never to listen to investment advice from a pilot.
Quote: You bring up a good point! A lot of our funds were in Vanguard specific investments, do they transfer to be managed by Fidelity or do we have to choose other options? Sorry, I'm one of those "idiots" when it comes to investments and you appear to be in the know. Of course I was told never to listen to investment advice from a pilot.

I think the funds are staying the same. You don't have to use Vanguard to buy Vanguard funds or etf's. You can buy them in a regular TD Ameritrade account.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to