Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

NetJets Hiring Process

Old 03-29-2019, 07:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

I don't think they are having problems finding pilots. My resume was walked in by an employee, approved by the chief pilot sent to HR where it was rejected. I was a few hours short of there actual IMC hours. I stopped tracking that a long time ago. No one ever asked me how much actual IMC time I have.
So, I'll keep flying my E-175 until then.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Plus a company that has a disdain for it’s pilots, fires them for just about anything. Caveat Emptor.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
I don't think they are having problems finding pilots. My resume was walked in by an employee, approved by the chief pilot sent to HR where it was rejected. I was a few hours short of there actual IMC hours. I stopped tracking that a long time ago. No one ever asked me how much actual IMC time I have.
So, I'll keep flying my E-175 until then.
They aren’t hiring now so it’s moot.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Lefty

They aren't?
Old 03-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
They aren't?
Since the membership passed the contract amendment a few months ago, hiring has virtually stopped. You see, the entire goal of the IBI was to reduce overall pilot headcount by encouraging the pilots on property to fly more (the same goal as the 2015 contract). Both contracts succeeded in that aim.

Since late 2015, the seniority list has shrunk from nearly 2800 pilots to around 2450 while the number of aircraft on property has grown by about 50. The “Crew Choice” schedules increased the number of pilot-days available and the Flight Duty Pay Program stimulated the pilots on the schedule to actually FLY (fatigue calls have dropped 51%; and that number is DIRECTLY from a senior manager).

Consequently, the need for more pilots in the near term has been substantially reduced. Hiring will occur in drips here and there until the demographic tsunami (or a much-needed mandatory retirement age) leaves NetJets with a true pilot shortage.

All in all, very well played by our management. So far.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Lefty

I see. Thanks for that.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

There is a class of 5 that starts on Monday. Another class will be held in May. Pilot recruiting is still actively doing phone, Skype and face to face interviews.

While that is not the big numbers that everybody wants, the door is still open. The IBI did reduce the number of pilots needed, however it is my belief that the possible change in the recurrent training footprint has more to do with the smaller classes. (AQP and a 9 month cycle?) Add to that the average age of the NetJets pilot group is about 55 and you can see the need for about 100 new hires a year starting in 2020 to keep our current flying staffed. Management is saying we will grow to 500 aircraft, if (a big if) that happens then that number will go up.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by MWilliams View Post
There is a class of 5 that starts on Monday. Another class will be held in May. Pilot recruiting is still actively doing phone, Skype and face to face interviews.

While that is not the big numbers that everybody wants, the door is still open. The IBI did reduce the number of pilots needed, however it is my belief that the possible change in the recurrent training footprint has more to do with the smaller classes. (AQP and a 9 month cycle?) Add to that the average age of the NetJets pilot group is about 55 and you can see the need for about 100 new hires a year starting in 2020 to keep our current flying staffed. Management is saying we will grow to 500 aircraft, if (a big if) that happens then that number will go up.
Will the incoming Longitudes basically replace the Xs and the Sovereigns? I read something like 100+ Longitudes on order but I assume they are replacing older airframes with little net pilot gain.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

I can only speculate on that. Initially they will be growth aircraft to complement the CL-350. When the company parks the last Xs and starts to park the sovereigns then the longitude could be a replacement aircraft.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

A class of FIVE.

Like I said, there will be drips of hiring here and there. But the overall pilot list will shrink more over the next year, probably to the 2400 ish mark. If all the pilots on long term medical leave and/or over the age of 70 were suddenly removed, we’d be UNDER 2400 total pilots.

CBA 2015 and IBI 2018 produced EXACTLY the results the company wanted.