Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

NetJets Hiring Process

Old 09-23-2019, 07:54 AM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Retractable View Post
Many of you have promised “never” was going to happen. Some of you are just rooted in the “NO Culture”.

I think you’re wrong.

84% just yesterday and the MX hubs are just getting warmed up. Small cabin frames being replaced at the 10 year mark and large cabin a little while longer... not like this last cycle. Advanced MX programs designed for “airline models” being implemented. It will happen and when it does, I’ll make sure to let you know.

The “NO Culture” was created by both the company and the union over successive years of fighting.

The “NO Culture” is losing steam and losing membership.

It’s time to succeed as a group.
Too bad the "NO! Culture" is still alive and well in the flight center when you call and ask for something....
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Too bad the "NO! Culture" is still alive and well in the flight center when you call and ask for something....
Are you finding that? I have had a lot of luck calling in and saying "Hey our last Hot Spare covered flight just left, can we head to the hotel" and getting a yes? I learned in the Air Force you gotta have a plan and sell it to their advantage! If it get ridiculous like sitting hot spare 7 pm till-3 Am with no flights then I'm tired!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Banned

Well, are you calling with problems or solutions?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Many of you have promised “never” was going to happen. Some of you are just rooted in the “NO Culture”.

I think you’re wrong.

84% just yesterday and the MX hubs are just getting warmed up. Small cabin frames being replaced at the 10 year mark and large cabin a little while longer... not like this last cycle. Advanced MX programs designed for “airline models” being implemented. It will happen and when it does, I’ll make sure to let you know.

The “NO Culture” was created by both the company and the union over successive years of fighting.

The “NO Culture” is losing steam and losing membership.

It’s time to succeed as a group.
One of the first things Sokol said when they came out with the 10 year plans was that they would retire airplanes at 10 years. That still hasn't happened 10 years later. We will likely have XLSs over 15 years old by the time they are finally all gone. There are probably a bunch of 15 year Excels flying around now. The Falcons that just finally retired were somewhere around 20 years old. I believe they would like to be able to have a real 10 year cycle on the airframes, but I don't believe they will be able to achieve that. It is too hard to get rid of old airframes at a return they deem reasonable unless part of the business model is to acccept much less than they accept now for used airframes. I'm not sure pennies on the dollar at year 10 to dispose is better than lower mx reliability while stretching the life out. I guess we will see and I do hope you are right, I just don't think it will truly happen.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Well, are you calling with problems or solutions?
Suggestions to fix problems of THEIR making. Frequently.

That hasn't changed and I'm not sure it ever will. That corporate culture has existed since Rick S back in the day beat them over the head with the mind set that pilots were ALWAYS angling to screw them so screw the pilots first.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
One of the first things Sokol said when they came out with the 10 year plans was that they would retire airplanes at 10 years. That still hasn't happened 10 years later. We will likely have XLSs over 15 years old by the time they are finally all gone. There are probably a bunch of 15 year Excels flying around now. The Falcons that just finally retired were somewhere around 20 years old. I believe they would like to be able to have a real 10 year cycle on the airframes, but I don't believe they will be able to achieve that. It is too hard to get rid of old airframes at a return they deem reasonable unless part of the business model is to acccept much less than they accept now for used airframes. I'm not sure pennies on the dollar at year 10 to dispose is better than lower mx reliability while stretching the life out. I guess we will see and I do hope you are right, I just don't think it will truly happen.

Sokol was also looking at taking us way below 400 jets and using EJM more.

That didn’t happen either. Thankfully.

The Longitude will speed retirement of remaining X’s and Sovereigns.

The Lat has got the number of every single remaining XL/XLS. Give it a bit... that spigot is wide open and driving NJA to 500+ frames.

Much better than Sokol’s plan, wouldn’t you agree?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:30 AM
Banned

Suggestions to fix problems of THEIR making. Frequently.

That hasn't changed and I'm not sure it ever will. That corporate culture has existed since Rick S back in the day beat them over the head with the mind set that pilots were ALWAYS angling to screw them so screw the pilots first.
Well that’s your problem.

Their problems are our problems and visa versa. One big happy family.

Until you realize that, you’re attitude is doomed to produce nothing but unhappiness for you and those around you I’m afraid.

Attitude is everything my friend.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 AM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Well that’s your problem.

Their problems are our problems and visa versa. One big happy family.

Until you realize that, you’re attitude is doomed to produce nothing but unhappiness for you and those around you I’m afraid.

Attitude is everything my friend.
Mmmmm mmmmmm MMMMMMMMM your Flav-Or-Aid is still tasty, isn't it?

We all spend an inordinate amount of time fixing problems that THEY created or apologizing for them. Yes John, problems that THEY created. All the happy happy, joy joy thoughts in the world aren't going to change that.

What is really frustrating is SEEING the train wreck coming, calling them to fix it, and being told NO or, worse yet, being ignored with a passive aggressive silence. Passive aggressiveness is something you are really good at so it's not surprising you embrace it.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Mmmmm mmmmmm MMMMMMMMM your Flav-Or-Aid is still tasty, isn't it?

We all spend an inordinate amount of time fixing problems that THEY created or apologizing for them. Yes John, problems that THEY created. All the happy happy, joy joy thoughts in the world aren't going to change that.

What is really frustrating is SEEING the train wreck coming, calling them to fix it, and being told NO or, worse yet, being ignored with a passive aggressive silence. Passive aggressiveness is something you are really good at so it's not surprising you embrace it.
The train wreck help is truly the most frustrating part. We do what they beg us to do- give them the heads up. Then they take our advise (that has been honed by well over a decade of living at the tip of the spear) and throw it away most of the time either thinking they know better or straight up not caring enough themselves to do their job. This still happens on a regular basis. Especially internationally where they often have no clue how it works and still won't listen to those who have been there and done that. There is reason for attitudes to be what they are.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
The train wreck help is truly the most frustrating part. We do what they beg us to do- give them the heads up. Then they take our advise (that has been honed by well over a decade of living at the tip of the spear) and throw it away most of the time either thinking they know better or straight up not caring enough themselves to do their job. This still happens on a regular basis. Especially internationally where they often have no clue how it works and still won't listen to those who have been there and done that. There is reason for attitudes to be what they are.

The world does not EXIST outside of CMH. It shouldn’t take you 1HR to get to the hotel in SMO, that’s only 7 miles away and I live 7 miles away from HQ and it takes me 14 minutes.