No R11

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
It's almost like 30% of the pilot group bothered to read the whole TA before they voted.
Oh wait, ~30% of the group is also on reserve....

"But, but, but... What about the gains, man!?!"
I didn't know R11 was contractual before. Shoulda voted no. Darn.
Quote: I didn't know R11 was contractual before. Shoulda voted no. Darn.
best joke in the thread.
Ha,ha. Their point was that evidently R11 was the only silver lining to reserve life after drops were voted out by you guys.
Nice quip, but don't be obtuse, Dick. Of course R11 has never been contractual. But a lot of other aspects of reserve were, now they are gone, and a change like no more R11 has a really big impact on ~30% of us. Maybe it sounds like whining to someone who it doesn't affect right at present. But things can and do change, and what seemed like a vote in one's own self-interest in one contract cycle might be different in the next.
With PBS coming online, the process of our reserve rules going from amazing, to mediocre, to kinda terrible, is about to be complete. Some of us are contemplating this as our new reality. R11 going bye-bye is an additional blow. It's worth noting.
Quote: Nice quip, but don't be obtuse, Dick. Of course R11 has never been contractual. But a lot of other aspects of reserve were, now they are gone, and a change like no more R11 has a really big impact on ~30% of us. Maybe it sounds like whining to someone who it doesn't affect right at present. But things can and do change, and what seemed like a vote in one's own self-interest in one contract cycle might be different in the next.
With PBS coming online, the process of our reserve rules going from amazing, to mediocre, to kinda terrible, is about to be complete. Some of us are contemplating this as our new reality. R11 going bye-bye is an additional blow. It's worth noting.

It sure is a big kick in the ballsack. especially since we don't have the industry standard of deferring notification for the first day of the block (to allow you to commute in let's say by 10am on an R8 block)
It doesn’t matter to most until everyone that was bidding R11 starts bidding lines with their seniority and taking the trips you could’ve had if they kept bidding rsv
Quote: It doesn’t matter to most until everyone that was bidding R11 starts bidding lines with their seniority and taking the trips you could’ve had if they kept bidding rsv

BINGO! We have a winner.
Yup, since R11 in DTW typically went Lineholder senior, a lot of us just got effectively knocked back 10-15 numbers.

It's not contractual, it's just the company getting smart.
Quote: Nice Maybe it sounds like whining to someone who it doesn't affect right at present.
Nope, it sounds like whining because you insulted 70% of the pilot group over something that had nothing to do with it.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to