CGN FDA info

Subscribe
My family is bidding CGN in the 19-01 bid. Looking for some more information before we take the leap. Apologies in advance to Adlerdriver for shamelessly cut and pasting some of his questions. They were exactly what I’ve been wondering about CGN as well.

1 - Is there a specific department, person or resource at FedEx that would be considered the one-stop answer department for question on moving and living there? (or multiple departments as long as I can get accurate info)

2 - Any other sources of good inside information other than the FedEx CGN Base Info Facebook page?

3- What move packages are available and how is the one that applies determined? Is relocation package #1 with the home marketing assistance and third-party purchase program an option?

4 - Pro/Cons of the Existing CBA option (3-year) vs Enhanced Option (2-year) - what do you gain/give up by choosing one over the other?

5 - How do the company paid tickets for residence search (pre-activation) work? Same question for company paid visitation tickets back to the US during your assignment there (frequency, number of tickets, etc). If you don't use all available during the initial residence search, can they be used later?

6 - Our kids will be 3 and 6 so schooling is an important part of the equation. I’d it difficult to get into a school mid term if I can’t hold the training in time to make it there late summer?

7 - is a "minimalist" approach to the move a realistic option? Max downsize before we leave, keeping only major items. Ship very little if anything over there - purchase basics (furniture, beds, dishes, etc) once there. Use company paid storage for what remains in the US until we return.

8 - Housing allowance. If we find a great place to stay a little before I’m activated, can we use the allowance to get set up there before? In the other direction, if we can’t find a place and I have to commute home while we’re still looking, are there many issues with this? Could I still use the 250 a night for the hotel there while I’m looking if we haven’t all relocated yet?

9 - Timing. Is there a time of years to go over that is much more senior that other times? Is there a season when rentals are more abundant or are very limited?

10- Any lessons learned during any part of the experience - pre-move, training, setting up residence there, day to day life there.

Thank in advance.
Pages 467-508 of the CBA answer most of these.

Check:
https://apartments-b2b.com/en/

(to get an idea of prices, sizes and location)
They also have a very helpful fdx cgn FB page.
Quote:
2 - any other sources of good inside information other than the fedex cgn base info facebook page?

Quote:
they also have a very helpful fdx cgn fb page.

[QUOTE=TonyC;2740822]

ha ha. kc10 is stupid.

side note: say yes to pbs!
[QUOTE=Anthrax;2740928]
Quote:

ha ha. kc10 is stupid.

side note: say yes to pbs!
Nailed it! RTFQ... Duh!?!?!!!!
[QUOTE=kc10/c130;2741357]
Quote:
Nailed it! RTFQ... Duh!?!?!!!!
my 15 year old daughter says no one uses rtfq anymore. get with the program.
If awarded CGN on this next bid, how soon does the company put the 21 day relocation footprint o your schedule? Is there any control over when you make the move?