Delta just bought Flybe

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: No one brought up VX/AS, irrelevant as that was a merger in this country. The disingenuous thread title that Delta bought Flybe, certainly not alone and the math works out to a very small percentage.
I only brought it up because you post (usually negativity) so much in the Delta thread, yet you work at Virgin, recently upgrading (congrats, btw). So you must be continuously making comparisons if you're so motivated to always be in the Delta forum.
Quote: Are you referring to the possible Alitalia deal?
Nah, just feb14. Hopefully the powers at be see something profitable in Alitalia; but recent times (years, decades) don't show them as being so. Recent articles I've come across tend to point more to it being all about defending against the ME3, somewhat going on the offense. Guess we'll see.
Quote: I only brought it up because you post (usually negativity) so much in the Delta thread, yet you work at Virgin, recently upgrading (congrats, btw). So you must be continuously making comparisons if you're so motivated to always be in the Delta forum.
Thank you Sir! I’m in all the different major threads, like to keep up with everything.
Quote: After looking at the definitions of “Control” and “Affiliate” in our Scope section, I think the argument could be made that we (Delta) have control of more than 49% of VA.....

Any thoughts?

Denny

Well, Denny. This was too easy for someone with your comedic gifts. "Delta just bought... with my pension." OFG
There's a reason why "control" is defined by sub parts a. through f. The fact that it was not looked at right after the Air France, Delta, Virgin and China Eastern multiple ownership deal was a mistake. I have been sounding this alarm for awhile to no avail.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...stakes-439743/
Anybody think that Virgin Atlantic did this without consulting Ma Delta? No way. In my opinion Delta effectively controls Virgin Atlantic and Aero Mexico.
FlyBe also has valuable Heathrow slots.
Quote: Anybody think that Virgin Atlantic did this without consulting Ma Delta? No way. In my opinion Delta effectively controls Virgin Atlantic and Aero Mexico.
If those slots are as valueable as legend claims, why do we fly 75's and 76's there so much while our "partner" flies super premiums?
Quote: If those slots are as valueable as legend claims, why do we fly 75's and 76's there so much while our "partner" flies super premiums?
I think we have a BOS and MSP to LHR on the 763, but the rest are on 330s. I've been flying quite a bit more LHR over the last year.
Quote: Anybody think that Virgin Atlantic did this without consulting Ma Delta? No way. In my opinion Delta effectively controls Virgin Atlantic and Aero Mexico.
I'm pretty sure we have seats on the board at all the companies we own 49% of, that wouldn't be possible.
Is this why we can’t have nice things?
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to