Atl domicile?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Didn't MESA do that for a few months a year back or so, or they at least were preparing for a small base? Maybe it died before ever getting started.
Yes, last year they announced an ATL base that was supposed to open in June 2018. Never opened though.

OP; SkyWest/Endeavor are the only regional carriers in Atlanta currently. I believe Endeavor has a decent wait for ATL. I think ATL can be awarded after a few months with SkyWest.
Quote: Didn't MESA do that for a few months a year back or so, or they at least were preparing for a small base? Maybe it died before ever getting started.
It didn’t die before it got started. We were within a couple months of bid.

No where to park the aircraft off gate. United only has 5 or 6 gates with one or two overflow gates - they would have larger aircraft bound for west coast bases on the gate. So, only room for two Ejets at the gate. Maybe, ExpressJet has the space to park aircraft.
Quote: It didn’t die before it got started. We were within a couple months of bid.

No where to park the aircraft off gate. United only has 5 or 6 gates with one or two overflow gates - they would have larger aircraft bound for west coast bases on the gate. So, only room for two Ejets at the gate. Maybe, ExpressJet has the space to park aircraft.
how is that not dying before it got started?
Quote: how is that not dying before it got started?
I suppose. It was publicly announced. People came to work at Mesa explicitly for the ATL base.
Quote: I suppose. It was publicly announced. People came to work at Mesa explicitly for the ATL base.
I think that was the entire reason behind the announcement. Lure a few suckers... I mean pilots.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to