No crew time logged...

Subscribe
Just a quick question about where a resume with NO crew time would end up at UAL, or ANY other Major for that matter..?
Would it go straight to the bottom of the pile?
Plenty of 135 PIC though!
5600TT
5500 PIC
3100 multi
1300 jet
All single pilot...😑

TIA
Military or no?

Pilots come from a lot of different backgrounds and they certainly looking at more than just flight experience. That being said, I imagine they prefer people who have at least experienced their type of operating environment. I would guess that single pilot time probably won’t get you extra points on your app.

I know a few people hired from the 135 world (myself included) but they all had previous 121 time. Not to say that we haven’t hired someone with all 135, but I bet they are few and far between.

Also, what else makes your app stand out? There are plenty of applicants with your flight or better coming out of the 121 world.
Quote: Military or no?

Pilots come from a lot of different backgrounds and they certainly looking at more than just flight experience. That being said, I imagine they prefer people who have at least experienced their type of operating environment. I would guess that single pilot time probably won’t get you extra points on your app.

I know a few people hired from the 135 world (myself included) but they all had previous 121 time. Not to say that we haven’t hired someone with all 135, but I bet they are few and far between.

Also, what else makes your app stand out? There are plenty of applicants with your flight or better coming out of the 121 world.
No military, and I don’t have anything that “stands out”.
I am aware that there are 121 guys with similar or more hours than me applying as well..
Just wanted to see if “no crew time” would show little, or no hope of even being looked at these days. That’s all...
Like anyone, once you meet the requirements get the app on file and update it periodically. Just make sure the rest of your application is spit shined. What I mean is, improve it where you can.

Do whatever is called for these days to check the boxes to march towards an interview.

There are pilots hired who have the bulk of their time single-seat
Quote: Like anyone, once you meet the requirements get the app on file and update it periodically. Just make sure the rest of your application is spit shined. What I mean is, improve it where you can.

Do whatever is called for these days to check the boxes to march towards an interview.

There are pilots hired who have the bulk of their time single-seat
Thank you, and Will do!
Quote: Just a quick question about where a resume with NO crew time would end up at UAL, or ANY other Major for that matter..?
Would it go straight to the bottom of the pile?
Plenty of 135 PIC though!
5600TT
5500 PIC
3100 multi
1300 jet
All single pilot...😑

TIA
4 yr degree??
Quote: 4 yr degree??
Yes I have a 4yr engineering degree from Sweden.