Industry experience credit

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Just copied this off the career guide web page:"SkyWest pilots can upgrade in as little as three months (based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements)."

Pilot Jobs » SkyWest Airlines

Based on that reg I can count my previous 135 PIC time towards an upgrade. Has anyone seen this yet and if so how did it play out as far as the quickness of upgrade?
Currently the upgrade is just under 2 years. While it may drop a bit, I wouldn't count on it hitting 3 months again anytime soon unless we see some major growth. Count on 2 years and you won't be disappointed.
Quote: I try to tell the truth the best I can on here. Not all of us can be negative and bitter keyboard warriors like you. Who p!ssed in your cheerios this time?
I'm not mad or bitter.I just want to be as cool and knowledgeable as you are!

I look up to you...

because you are my Mentor, Skypigeon 121!
I would say plan on 2 years. But i do believe we will have a burst of lower then that this spring..
So what exactly counts as credit coming from the 135 world? Do I have to be listed as the PIC on the trip sheets or can I count any of my time acting as PF, in the left seat, as PIC time? I only ask because we swap legs and usually only the senior captain gets listed as trip PIC.
Quote: So what exactly counts as credit coming from the 135 world? Do I have to be listed as the PIC on the trip sheets or can I count any of my time acting as PF, in the left seat, as PIC time? I only ask because we swap legs and usually only the senior captain gets listed as trip PIC.
You'd have to read the reg, but my guess is you'd have to be the one signing for the aircraft for it to count.
Quote: You'd have to read the reg, but my guess is you'd have to be the one signing for the aircraft for it to count.
Thank you for the response
Quote: Currently the upgrade is just under 2 years. While it may drop a bit, I wouldn't count on it hitting 3 months again anytime soon unless we see some major growth. Count on 2 years and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info
Quote: The CRJ short course is one week ground, 2 FTD?(only number im unsure of is ftd) , 4 maneuvers prep, 2 loft prep, MV, LOE, IOE.
So what does this make the initial training footprint look like? Indoc to starting IOE. I already have my CRJ type looking to make the move from another regional and am seeing what kind of time away to prep my wife for. Not sure she’d be on-board for another 3 months of training just yet.
3 weeks’ish....
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to