LGA 737/I vs LGA 737/D for new hire

Subscribe
What is the difference between the domestic and international status in New York (apart from the obvious)? What are the pros and cons for a commuter? Which status has more lines, better schedule and/or better quality of life? Are there plans in the near future to combine 737 I and D like Miami?
Thanks
Domestic has 232 bidding for Feb. Junior 10 guys or so are on short call reserve. Junior line holders have a wide range of trips, 1, 2, 3, 4 day trips. Most of them start before 10am, but not all.

International has 22 bidding for Feb. The junior 6 are in training, so really 16 bidding. The junior guy is a line holder. Junior guys have mostly 2 and 3 day trips, most not commutable at the end, some not commutable on either end.

I'm not LGA based, so I can't really say which has better QOL. It looks like both categories the junior guys have trips that are not really commutable on both ends. I think the long term plan is to combine all international and domestic flying but it has not been announced for any other bases right now.
The other thing to consider if you’re international on reserve is that you’re a backup reserve for domestic. If they run out of domestic reserves they can assign a sequence cross division. This means you have to watch both reserve lists and open time for both divisions if you’re international.
Quote: The other thing to consider if you’re international on reserve is that you’re a backup reserve for domestic. If they run out of domestic reserves they can assign a sequence cross division. This means you have to watch both reserve lists and open time for both divisions if you’re international.
With the exception of a few routes, the opposite is also true. They can break and reassemble an international sequence and assign it to a domestic reserve if needed. Most international sequences don't actually need the qual.
Domestic is great, try it. You'll get a variety of trips and destinations, AND there are more bidders, as stated above.