Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: Happy

You mean retirements ?
Old 06-24-2021, 03:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by guessit View Post
look at the 2021-04 system bid, there were 34 vacancies. wow, there are 34 new hires in the june class. look at the system bid -05, there are 26 vacancies. holy sh?t there are 26 in the july class! math is confusing man...the bids usually post on the 25th. could it be there will be an -06 bid with the number of new hires in the august class coming out real soon.

if you look at the projected effective date of -05, base transfers are projected in october. could it be that it may happen sooner, or the -06 bid could also be effective in october meaning the atlanta base in october?

as far as the june class, they were told they won't be able to bid until they complete training. this will turn into a huge problem if the july class is awarded seats that the june class has seniority over.
Will for sure pose a serious problem. Why are we locked into our base until after training? Is that an F9 thing? My previous ALPA airline didn’t do that. Just curious…
Old 06-24-2021, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by StickPig View Post
Will for sure pose a serious problem. Why are we locked into our base until after training? Is that an F9 thing? My previous ALPA airline didn’t do that. Just curious…
Because F9 doesn’t have to pay for your hotel or rental car or per diem if you’re Denver based. So they consider all new hires as Denver based until after they’re done with you.

Oh, and you probably already know this, but saying things like “my previous airline” in class will immediate label you as “that guy”.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
Because F9 doesn’t have to pay for your hotel or rental car or per diem if you’re Denver based. So they consider all new hires as Denver based until after they’re done with you.

Oh, and you probably already know this, but saying things like “my previous airline” in class will immediate label you as “that guy”.
I knew when I hit submit that would cause someone to go into overdrive. I was making the distinction between company/ALPA and wondering if that was a company specific thing.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

as far as the june class, they were told they won't be able to bid until they complete training. this will turn into a huge problem if the july class is awarded seats that the june class has seniority over.
Told they couldn’t participate in a system bid or couldn’t bid schedules on PBS? I highly suspect it is the latter. When I was hired a few years ago we submitted base choices towards the end of ground school. I doubt that practice has changed.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by Xdashdriver View Post
Told they couldn’t participate in a system bid or couldn’t bid schedules on PBS? I highly suspect it is the latter. When I was hired a few years ago we submitted base choices towards the end of ground school. I doubt that practice has changed.

let me clarify, the june 1 class got to choose between 10 mco 8 phl 8 mia 8 tpa. some pilots did not get their desired base, for example, if a pilot was awarded mia but wanted phl, and the july class is awarded phl while the june guy is stuck in mia, this is not good, they were told they can't system bid into a desired base until after training.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

let me clarify, the june 1 class got to choose between 10 mco 8 phl 8 mia 8 tpa. some pilots did not get their desired base, for example, if a pilot was awarded mia but wanted phl, and the july class is awarded phl while the june guy is stuck in mia, this is not good, they were told they can't system bid into a desired base until after training.
yeah something got messed up in communication/translation there. I would recommend whoever it was that was told that to send a DART to the scheduling committee and clarify that one.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: A320 FO

If the June class bid that way, I would imagine the July class would be the same. I wouldn’t worry too much about it considering you haven’t see what is happening with the July class yet. The people in charge of system bidding are well aware of our contract rights.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Three years ago I was able to submit my desired base bid in Flica while in sims(after getting PHL in ground school). I was awarded my new base in sims. Once you have flica access you can bid in system bids.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2020

A new system bid just got posted. It looks like placements for the July new-hire class. 32 total FO positions.