Hiring / training

Subscribe
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294 
Page 194 of 451
Go to
What kind of stats have people been getting hired with?

TPIC weighed heavily? 121 vs 135?
Quote: What kind of stats have people been getting hired with?

TPIC weighed heavily? 121 vs 135?
Pretty much all over the map.
Quote: This is a similar question to what I have as well. Some airlines say they can get you into their FL bases in the first year, but the seniority really doesn’t allow it.

How is the seniority at Miami, Orlando, and Tampa?
I have about 5 1/2 years longevity with Frontier and in the left seat my best 3 bases for relative seniority are TPA, MIA (about equal), and then MCO. Next is PHL. I can barely hold ORD and couldn’t touch DEN/LAS.

I believe MIA will remain junior because MIA based pilots do recurrent training in MIA. It’s great for those who live near the airport, but for commuters they lose travel days to/from training as well as accommodations during training. It’s not a huge deal, but will likely factor in to the decision for a commuter.
Quote: I have about 5 1/2 years longevity with Frontier and in the left seat my best 3 bases for relative seniority are TPA, MIA (about equal), and then MCO. Next is PHL. I can barely hold ORD and couldn’t touch DEN/LAS.

I believe MIA will remain junior because MIA based pilots do recurrent training in MIA. It’s great for those who live near the airport, but for commuters they lose travel days to/from training as well as accommodations during training. It’s not a huge deal, but will likely factor in to the decision for a commuter.
Is LAS just as senior for the right seat too?
may have been answered but not sure how recent the info is.

What base is "best" for a new hire commuter who wishes to fly alot and not be sitting around in crash pads on his own dime.

Thank you
Quote: Is LAS just as senior for the right seat too?
Guys in March of 20 can’t hold LAS yet.
Quote: Guys in March of 20 can’t hold LAS yet.
As of today, the plug in LAS is a March 2020 hire. -But we didn't hire again until Spring '21, so it's not really a good guide as to how senior Vegas is.
Typically within six months as an FO you can hold anything here. Even Denver -as an FO.
PHX will also take some of the pressure of both Western bases and there will likely be more movement..
//PL
Does Frontier have 401k vesting ?
Quote: As of today, the plug in LAS is a March 2020 hire. -But we didn't hire again until Spring '21, so it's not really a good guide as to how senior Vegas is.
Typically within six months as an FO you can hold anything here. Even Denver -as an FO.
PHX will also take some of the pressure of both Western bases and there will likely be more movement..
//PL
There is STILL several March 20 guys waiting on LAS. Source: Domicile Trade Award
Quote: Does Frontier have 401k vesting ?
25% vested after one year.
50% after two years.
100% after three years.

Also, DC is currently at 14% and will increase to 15% March 2nd of 2022.
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294 
Page 194 of 451
Go to