Notices

Hiring / training

Old 12-22-2021, 09:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by oneculiaoflyer View Post
Attrition, Growth... bla, bla, bla is Not the issue
The biggest problem of this airline is First Year Paid
With a rate of not even $60 an hour, having to pay for over 2.5 months for hotel and other expenses..plus the wait for IOE, etc
For middle-aged people with a family and a Mortgage, is really impossible to survive making less than $3500 a month after tax.
Let's be realistic, It's a Joke.
That's why a big chunk of people Leaves before year one,
Because First Year Is A Killer.
I completely agree with you, but the schedules and stagnation out west are another reason. The schedules in LAS alone are enough to make someone question their life choices.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by SomeGuy12 View Post
I completely agree with you, but the schedules and stagnation out west are another reason. The schedules in LAS alone are enough to make someone question their life choices.
I’ve been thinking this, if I lived in DEN, or anywhere west really, I’d try to get out. Even if I was 3-4 plus years in.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by JoeFever1 View Post
I’ve been thinking this, if I lived in DEN, or anywhere west really, I’d try to get out. Even if I was 3-4 plus years in.
It certainly was a prominent factor in my decision. QOL is a lot harder to come by on the bottom of the list here and with little to no real movement out west…that’s a long wait. And don’t tell me PHX is coming soon. All phx will do is take lines from DEN and LAS. For whatever reason Management has decided to slow roll the west.
Plus the small base plan they have going…just like ORD once a base fills out it locks up and progression just stops in its tracks.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: El Capitan de Airbii

Congrats on moving in. I recently had the opportunity to and didn’t. I’m doubting my decision currently. Just curious…where did you go and roughly how many years in at F9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2021, 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
Congrats on moving in. I recently had the opportunity to and didn’t. I’m doubting my decision currently. Just curious…where did you go and roughly how many years in at F9?

Call em back they’ll probably still take you 😂
Old 12-22-2021, 02:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post

thx..delta 1.5 years, so not too invested in F9.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by runinonfumes View Post
It certainly was a prominent factor in my decision. QOL is a lot harder to come by on the bottom of the list here and with little to no real movement out west…that’s a long wait. And don’t tell me PHX is coming soon. All phx will do is take lines from DEN and LAS. For whatever reason Management has decided to slow roll the west.
Plus the small base plan they have going…just like ORD once a base fills out it locks up and progression just stops in its tracks.
Actually, PHX should come with it's own expansion (in the long run). Short term, there will be a reduction in lines in LAS and DEN but the extra 14 planes this year (and 20 the next and even more the next) either have to be acquired and used or given away/turned back.

I don't blame anyone for leaving now for more $ but as long as this company EXPANDS, then I can't imagine QoL won't be much better everywhere in the system.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by JoeFever1 View Post
A lot of people I know are getting out or considering it. If you're senior enough, you can link a string of day trips consisting of four legs, which tend to make for a pretty long day and not totally ideal for a commuter. Or, and this is most people I know, you work a month of red-eyes. Now, many of the red eyes are actually three day, 10 hour trips. On top of that, schedules now work so that it's possible to land from one FDP in the morning and start the next FDP flying a red-eye at night. So, you're either flying completely on the back side of the clock or jumping pretty hard from one to the other. This scenario can be completely avoided if you're living and or based on the East Coast. For some people though, this is not an ideal schedule or quality of life. In my opinion, this sort of thing will push people to move on more than anything else.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
What corporate outfits are sending people to a type ride and not doing an ATP ride at the same time? Confused…

I flew for a corporate outfit years ago and the first year they made me get an SIC rating at CAE and I remember the Chief Pilot telling me, "the difference between a PIC and a SIC rating checkride is about 5,000" I had to do all the same maneuvers and approaches except the circling to land. So I'm assuming probably money is the reason for getting a type with no ATP. It's odd to me as well because it's the same thing.

Something more weird I just had a friend who went through flight safety and got his ATP but no type rating.. so he had 4 or 5 sim sessions in a 737 and took a checkride in it but only got his ATP out of it. Again I believe he told me it was significantly more expensive to add the type.
Old 12-25-2021, 01:49 PM
Line Holder and Reservist

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Default Next Hiring Window

Understandably the window closed only a month and change ago, but should we expect the app window to open again in early 2022?