Notices

Hiring / training

Old 12-30-2021, 11:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Default Hire for foreigner

Hi everyone, I live in South Korea and would move to the US soon. I have flown total 2100hrs which includes 1100hrs for AF military fighter jet(as PIC) and 1000hrs for A320 as FO. My nationality is South Korean but has green card for eligible to work in the US.
I’ll have ATP/CTP course in next month and hopefully would get full ATPL by next FEB.
I don’t know I’m competitive for regional airline or could get a chance to Major like Frontier directly?
Or, is it too hard to get a chance to foreigner?
Old 12-31-2021, 05:31 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Yejin View Post
Hi everyone, I live in South Korea and would move to the US soon. I have flown total 2100hrs which includes 1100hrs for AF military fighter jet(as PIC) and 1000hrs for A320 as FO. My nationality is South Korean but has green card for eligible to work in the US.
I’ll have ATP/CTP course in next month and hopefully would get full ATPL by next FEB.
I don’t know I’m competitive for regional airline or could get a chance to Major like Frontier directly?
Or, is it too hard to get a chance to foreigner?
those statistics are competitive for many major airlines.

Your written English will be the biggest limitation
Old 12-31-2021, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

How hard is it to get hired and then be assigned to ORD or switch to that domicile later?

I have family in Chicago and am thinking of moving there. I live in Atlanta (which opens up in February from reading on here) now so it would be nice to start there and get established in Frontier and then eventually move to Chicago. This is all theoretical on being hired obviously but thought I’d ask.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by ZeroTT View Post

Why? There is no essay as part of the interview process.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:10 AM
Almost there

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
How hard is it to get hired and then be assigned to ORD or switch to that domicile later?

I have family in Chicago and am thinking of moving there. I live in Atlanta (which opens up in February from reading on here) now so it would be nice to start there and get established in Frontier and then eventually move to Chicago. This is all theoretical on being hired obviously but thought I’d ask.
The hard part would be getting hired. The rest is a piece of cake. It may take a couple of months to get ORD but it could quickly be done.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by ZeroTT View Post

Why? His written English is better than some of the natural born pilot certificate holders that post on here. I genuinely question the English proficiency of some US pilots.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
Like stayontarget said. It’s a piece of cake to switch to bases that your seniority can hold. I wouldn’t go so far as to guarantee that you’d get ORD out of training, but it shouldn’t take too long. However, the current junior FO is, in fact, a November hire.

As long as there is a change in the seniority list (i.e. new hires and/or upgrades) the company will post a staffing adjustment where you can bid for you desired domicile. Always bid for what you want, not what the staffing adjustment shows as having vacancies. It may not show anything available in ORD, but an ORD FO taking an upgrade and another being awarded another vacancy will clear up two spots in ORD. It’s a domino effect when it comes to base transfers. In addition to the staffing adjustments, the company holds domicile trades four times per year (once per quarter) where you can try to trade out of your domicile. These domicile trades are contractual and will be held regardless of seniority list movement with new hire or upgrades.

Just worry about getting hired for now. The rest will fall into place easily. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2021, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
Why? His written English is better than some of the natural born pilot certificate holders that post on here. I genuinely question the English proficiency of some US pilots.
Says the Grammar Master that ends a sentence with a preposition. The view from that glass house must be spectacular!

*disclaimer* the preceding post was not a claim or insinuation of grammatical perfection on the part of the poster but IS a demonstration of his undeniable wit and comedic prowess.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

I was just wondering if I am competitive to get hired by Frontier at this point?

I’m retiring from active duty military and am around 2800 hours total (most of it multi-engine turbine) with around 1100 hours PIC (again multi-engine turbine) and greater than 100 hours in the last year. I’m updating airline apps on a daily basis and I am working on letters of recommendations at this time with 1 uploaded so far.

From reviewing here the classes are around 40 people like once a month. Frontier does not appear to be in a hiring frenzy the way the other airlines are but Frontier is hiring right now. I live in Atlanta now so I’d hopefully like to start out there since the domicile is opening up in February. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
Says the Grammar Master that ends a sentence with a preposition. The view from that glass house must be spectacular!

*disclaimer* the preceding post was not a claim or insinuation of grammatical perfection on the part of the poster but IS a demonstration of his undeniable wit and comedic prowess.
My hot air has a tendency to fog it up a bit, but overall the view is generally quite nice. :-)