Hiring / training

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32  72  122 
Page 22 of 451
Go to
Quote: Has the relationship improved any with management since the new contract being signed? Money can definitely make a situation better, but if the same people are still calling the shots, its only a matter of time until they return back to their old ways. Also, has pilot morale improved any?
Very insightful take....

Regardless or perceived improvement with Mgt, it is exactly the same cast who weeks ago were cancelling vacations, firing probationary pilots, and holding disciplinary hearings for undefined “excessive absences”, including FMLA and bereavement.

I’m sure the switch can be flipped back for any reason Scottsdale wishes.
Quote: Very insightful take....

Regardless or perceived improvement with Mgt, it is exactly the same cast who weeks ago were cancelling vacations, firing probationary pilots, and holding disciplinary hearings for undefined “excessive absences”, including FMLA and bereavement.

I’m sure the switch can be flipped back for any reason Scottsdale wishes.
I agree with this take. The extra money smooths a few things over, but most things haven’t changed. Our operational performance is abysmal and I’m already getting tired of reading memos and newsletters suggesting the pilots are sabotaging the operation and we need to come back into the fold and make it all better.

I’ve said it before, but this place feels like Mesa of 1999 with bigger planes and bigger paychecks.

Management hates us and will throw us to the wolves whenever it suits them. Management doesn’t care about passengers because they keep coming back and the planes are full no matter how awful their F9 travel experience is.

Take the money. Fund your retirement. Pay off anything you owe money on. Be ready for the Company to throw you under the [Air]bus at any time. Derive your self worth, happiness, etc. from friends, family, hobbies, charitable activities, etc. and treat a Frontier the same way Frontier treats you.
Quote: I agree with this take. The extra money smooths a few things over, but most things haven’t changed. Our operational performance is abysmal and I’m already getting tired of reading memos and newsletters suggesting the pilots are sabotaging the operation and we need to come back into the fold and make it all better.

I’ve said it before, but this place feels like Mesa of 1999 with bigger planes and bigger paychecks.

Management hates us and will throw us to the wolves whenever it suits them. Management doesn’t care about passengers because they keep coming back and the planes are full no matter how awful their F9 travel experience is.

Take the money. Fund your retirement. Pay off anything you owe money on. Be ready for the Company to throw you under the [Air]bus at any time. Derive your self worth, happiness, etc. from friends, family, hobbies, charitable activities, etc. and treat a Frontier the same way Frontier treats you.
Perfectly said.
Quote: I agree with this take. The extra money smooths a few things over, but most things haven’t changed. Our operational performance is abysmal and I’m already getting tired of reading memos and newsletters suggesting the pilots are sabotaging the operation and we need to come back into the fold and make it all better.

Open nailed this......
As I’ve heard many say, until we have a Mgt change, open warfare on the pilot group as an option is always just below the surface of seemingly smooth waters........
Quote: Open nailed this......
As I’ve heard many say, until we have a Mgt change, open warfare on the pilot group as an option is always just below the surface of seemingly smooth waters........
Well, I and most of the people I fly with are very happy. That’s my take.
If I can go to work, get to do what I love, enjoy the people I’m around, and have a nice paycheck that clears and supports my families needs, that’s all I can really ask for in a JOB.
The company is not being hostile to the pilots at this time.

They probably won't be until the next round of negotiations
Waters are calm right now, however sharks do lurk under calm waters.
Regarding the April class shift... I heard, (can someone corroborate?), that because of slight overstaffing they decided to do a class of ~20 instead of 36 and moved the difference to the later class, ...wait for it... with pay! Could this really be true? Good for you guys that are impacted, if it is true.
Quote: Well, I and most of the people I fly with are very happy. That’s my take.
I agree, hopefully they take care of the flight attendants soon...
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32  72  122 
Page 22 of 451
Go to