Notices

Hiring / training

Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Since we’re on the topic of validating whether or not our times are competitive, here are mine. I know the total time is a bit low. I’m hoping the quality of time will put me over the edge. Currently a regional FO.

2200 total
1200 multi
1700 turbine (750 as pic)
275 within the last 12 months

What’s the verdict? Do I have a chance of getting called. Also, for what it’s worth I’ve got an internal recommendation in as well.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:28 AM
Bus Driver ordinarie

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airbus CA

Originally Posted by SoloX531 View Post
Since we’re on the topic of validating whether or not our times are competitive, here are mine. I know the total time is a bit low. I’m hoping the quality of time will put me over the edge. Currently a regional FO.

2200 total
1200 multi

What’s the verdict? Do I have a chance of getting called. Also, for what it’s worth I’ve got an internal recommendation in as well.
go to airlineapps. Fire the email off to your Golden Eagle. Hit submit.
We’re still aiming for 40 a month.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by SoloX531 View Post

2200 total
1200 multi

Definitely stand a chance. I got hired around the same flight times, but with an internal. You cannot win if you don't gamble.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:42 AM
Line Holder and Reservist

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Has anyone heard anything since the hiring window opened or are they not getting back to anyone (other than ATP/Purdue/Embry folks) prior to the window closing?
Old 01-29-2022, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by WSBraves View Post
Has anyone heard anything since the hiring window opened or are they not getting back to anyone (other than ATP/Purdue/Embry folks) prior to the window closing?
The new HR hiring people are still getting ramped up in their new positions, so things may be a little slower than normal. Just be patient and good luck! Also, remember it’s really more of an application window than a hiring window. It’s entirely possible that you won’t hear anything until after the window closes. They still have tons of applications to go through. The problem isn’t getting people to apply, it’s keeping them from getting sucked up by UAL while they’re still in indoc.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:13 AM
Line Holder and Reservist

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
The new HR hiring people are still getting ramped up in their new positions, so things may be a little slower than normal. Just be patient and good luck! Also, remember it’s really more of an application window than a hiring window. It’s entirely possible that you won’t hear anything until after the window closes. They still have tons of applications to go through. The problem isn’t getting people to apply, it’s keeping them from getting sucked up by UAL while they’re still in indoc.
I mis-typed, and meant app window. Thanks! Wasn't sure if it was SOP to not hear anything until after the window closed. I've heard of a few of the partner school folks getting calls, and wanted to see what was in store for the rest of us regular types. Thanks again for the response.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
I was just wondering if I am competitive to get hired by Frontier at this point?

I’m retiring from active duty military and am around 2800 hours total (most of it multi-engine turbine) with around 1100 hours PIC (again multi-engine turbine) and greater than 100 hours in the last year. I’m updating airline apps on a daily basis and I am working on letters of recommendations at this time with 1 uploaded so far.

From reviewing here the classes are around 40 people like once a month. Frontier does not appear to be in a hiring frenzy the way the other airlines are but Frontier is hiring right now. I live in Atlanta now so I’d hopefully like to start out there since the domicile is opening up in February. Thanks for any advice.
I would be stunned if you dont hear from UA, DL, AA, WN, and FDX with those kind of hours. Since it has been a month since the post you may well have heard from all of them.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

I mis-typed, and meant app window. Thanks! Wasn't sure if it was SOP to not hear anything until after the window closed. I've heard of a few of the partner school folks getting calls, and wanted to see what was in store for the rest of us regular types. Thanks again for the response.
Just in case you, or anyone else reading didn’t know, the best way to get a quick call is a Golden Eagle recommendation. We get one a year and it resets Jan 1, so connect, reconnect, somehow find someone you know that works here. This is the way.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Hey everyone, looking to talk to a current F9 pilot. I have quite a bit of questions about Frontier as I have gotten a interview invite. My background, former regional/current ACMI guy.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:22 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2020

I just had an interview this week, there were 7 of us, waiting now to finish paperwork and get a class date soon. Good luck to you!