Notices

Hiring / training

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
Fleet numbers, no. Hiring numbers, yes. And we all know they never hit their target so I’ll call my bookie and take the under on both bets.
I'll take that bet. I'm willing to bet we hire 250 or more pilots in 2020.

The company has lucked out that so many of us are willing to work very high hour months, month after month. The company got to take a decent break in hiring and upgrades post contract. I believe that break is coming to an end and they will have to hire a lot.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: CRJ-200 CA

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
I'll take that bet. I'm willing to bet we hire 250 or more pilots in 2020.

The company has lucked out that so many of us are willing to work very high hour months, month after month. The company got to take a decent break in hiring and upgrades post contract. I believe that break is coming to an end and they will have to hire a lot.
So you think guys will say, “oh, it’s been nice to cash my $20,000+ paycheck on the 5th, I think now I’ll just drop to 60.” The *****s will always be *****s... and now we as a pilot group are probably starting a precedent for 100-130 credit hour months that if we all dropped to 60, the company would take us to court claiming a work action...
Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by NWSteeringArmer View Post
So you think guys will say, “oh, it’s been nice to cash my $20,000+ paycheck on the 5th, I think now I’ll just drop to 60.” The *****s will always be *****s... and now we as a pilot group are probably starting a precedent for 100-130 credit hour months that if we all dropped to 60, the company would take us to court claiming a work action...
I agree with what your are saying. Lots of guys are willing to work a lot for a lot of money and that's not going to change. However, as the airline continues to grow, the hiring hiatus the company has been able to take is coming to an end. I believe that a lot of pilots are flying more now than before the contract passed, and will likely continue that, but we have reached a new "pilots per plane" ratio. Hiring will resume
Old 09-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
I agree with what your are saying. Lots of guys are willing to work a lot for a lot of money and that's not going to change. However, as the airline continues to grow, the hiring hiatus the company has been able to take is coming to an end. I believe that a lot of pilots are flying more now than before the contract passed, and will likely continue that, but we have reached a new "pilots per plane" ratio. Hiring will resume
The "new" pilot per plane ratio should have been predicted by ALPA, and therefore, the cost of labor factored more accurately. They got us too cheap. Don't worry I'm over it, but it was a huge mistake. Unless you're into keeping the golden goose golden, which does count for something, but still, damn!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

I would like to ask, does the company make any discrimination for expats ? I am from Italy and flying the 320 now in Europe. My wife is American and works in Denver. I know it is clear on the website that it is an equal career opportunity but maybe the recruitment team will not like people with accents etc. Anyone can shed any lights on this ? Would I have a chance to fly for Frontier or I shouldn't hope at all ? Do expats are generally accepted by the rest of the pilots ? Thank you
Old 09-27-2019, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by pilotled View Post
I would like to ask, does the company make any discrimination for expats ? I am from Italy and flying the 320 now in Europe. My wife is American and works in Denver. I know it is clear on the website that it is an equal career opportunity but maybe the recruitment team will not like people with accents etc. Anyone can shed any lights on this ? Would I have a chance to fly for Frontier or I shouldn't hope at all ? Do expats are generally accepted by the rest of the pilots ? Thank you
At F9 I’ve flown with great people/pilots from all over the globe, accents and all. You’d be very welcome here.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Wheelswatch View Post
The "new" pilot per plane ratio should have been predicted by ALPA, and therefore, the cost of labor factored more accurately. They got us too cheap. Don't worry I'm over it, but it was a huge mistake. Unless you're into keeping the golden goose golden, which does count for something, but still, damn!
Well, I mostly agree with that, but I'd say that the union did know this was going to happen. But remember, the unions job is to protect us and improve our quality of life, not get more pilots in the door. I suppose someone will argue with me on that point, but it does bring up the question of which is better; fewer pilots making lots of money or more pilots making less?

I don't really have much of a problem with the contract allowing the company to operate with a few less pilots per airplane now that we are making substantially more money.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Slave

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: Hot tub

Originally Posted by madmax757 View Post
According to a recent union email.

Fleet -98 aircraft by end of this year.
Fleet -113 aircraft by end of 2020.

250 new hire pilots 2020
300+ for 2021.

We currently have 1413 pilots.
So 15 A/C = 250 new Hires?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by V1 McFlyerson View Post
At F9 I’ve flown with great people/pilots from all over the globe, accents and all. You’d be very welcome here.
Thank you for the information
Old 09-28-2019, 05:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: CRJ-200 CA

Originally Posted by pilotled View Post
Literally no one here cares... they hire all types here and I’ve flown with plenty of “accents”